what do you think?????

crrider08

Jan 25, 2008
I have a guy who wants to trade me straight across for my cr 85 03 model. he has a 97 yz 250. i dont know much about it but i only talked to him for a min or two cuz i was laying laminate flooring lol. but before i can see pics and talk to him tomorrow. what do you guys know about that year yz? ive heard any year 250 is a good one for yamaha. haha any known problems? or issues with that year? if it looks good do you think i should trade?

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I would suggest riding it and inspecting it before you get your hopes up too much.

crrider08

Jan 25, 2008
yea, im only worried about any serious defects in the frame. and i really cant look into how recently the bottom end has been replaced... top ends are quick and easy.

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
I would just give it a good inspection. If the bearings are tight, the bike is clean, and there isn't any significant damage then it was probably cared for fairly well and will last a long time. All the 250 smokers from 1985ish on up to present day are solid bikes.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…