What do you use to hold: plugs, wrenches, etc, for long rides

titoislaidlow

May 30, 2005
I have a 2002 RM125, alot of my friends have quads and I do alot of trail and dune riding when not in race season.

My question is:
My bike does not come with a compartment to put spare plugs, tools, camera, whatever. I dont want to wear a backpack to keep my stuff in. What do you guys use to put these items in.
I was looking online for a pouch or something for the bars or side of the bike but no luck. I was thinking of making my own but wanted to make sure there were no products out for this. I def. dont want it to look stupid b/c it is a race bike. Any suggestions? :coocoo:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Since you don't like the fanny pack route try getting a fender bag. You can make a homemade fender bag by drilling holes in the rear fender (or better yet find a way to strap it on) and then bolt (or strap) your chosen bag to said fender. I've also done the same thing for bikes with a number plate on the front of the bike.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Me too. I got a really small fanny pack and zip tied it across the front number plate. It will hold keys, plugs, plug tool, screw driver for suspension/carb adjusting.

titoislaidlow

May 30, 2005
Yeah. The pack sounds like a good route. There's no way in hell Im gonna drill holes in my plastic or graphics so thats out of the question. I was even thinking of making a tube out of PVC with ends that screw on (like on quads) and finding a way to ziptie it to my already crowded handlebars. This way it would be waterproof and dirtproof. And maybe making it small enough to hide behind my number plate...Im gonna hafta mess around with it.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
There are little chrome document holders in the cruiser world that clamp the the frame. But they are expensive. You might consider buying a second fender to bolt a bag to and swapping fenders depending on the ride.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I use a fanny pack and either clip it around the upper tripple so it hangs over the numberplate or wear it around my waist. Either way seems to work out just fine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom