What is a 95' KDX WORTH? I'm buying a bike

gtxscirocco

Mar 20, 2002
Hello,

I was wondering what the going rate is for a STOCK 1995 Kdx 200 in good shape. I really need some responces ASAP!

Thanks,
Dan Kraus :-)
Vernon, NJ

teton

Dec 13, 2000
I paid $1900.00 for my 95, it has some go fast goodies on it like a FMF pipe & silencer, and a few other things, if it is in top shape you can expect to pay no less than $1700.00 for it, depending on your area will also regulate the price. Good luck, buy it, ride it, put some gadgets on it and save some doe over a new one!

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Seems about right!!! I had a chance to get a 95' for 1900 obo but bought a 96' for 1500. but had a couple of problems!!! i didnt mind though, easy fixes fer me!!!:D

gtxscirocco

Mar 20, 2002
1995 kdx

I just wanted to make sure I was getting a good price.

The 1995 I'm hoping to buy this weekend is $1400. He was asking 1700 but I got him down a bit :-) It's not mint and it's all stock but it's a great runner and only needs a new seat cover and tires.

Thanks,

teton

Dec 13, 2000
defenetly, buy it, that is a great price, tires and a seat cover will only set you back about $150.00-200.00 bucks. After that start looking for a FMF pipe and silencer, and get some decent bars too. Theres really no difference between a 95 and a 2002, except a few stratches!

gtxscirocco

Mar 20, 2002
Well I put 1/2 the money down today and and the bike will be mine next Wendsday :-) How hard is it to replace the seat cover? Price?

Thanks,
New Jersey

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
a suggestion

when you get the bike before you ride it take the rear suspension apart and check the bearings and grease them. Grease the front steering stem bearings and do some general maint on it. It will give you piece of mind that everything is OK and you won't just ride it and find out later that the owner before you failed to lube it properly. This could save you lots of money in the future especially if your ruin the swingarm and linkage knuckle with bad bearings. Enjoy!

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Fred T,
How do bad bearings ruin the swing arm? You have me a little worried. I took my swing arm off and greased the bearings yesterday and the one set of bearings had rust in it and the sleeve was marked but all still moved freely. I greased it and put it all back together and figured I would order new bearings in the next couple of weeks since the dealer did not have any in stock. But based on your comment maybe I shouldn't wait.

KDX Value: I bought a bone stock 95 KDX last May for $2,000 so it sounds like you are getting an excellent deal. This is a great begginer bike that can grow with your riding talent. Good Luck.

Top Bottom