what is considered low hours on a bike???

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Really no such answer and in the end would be useless info anyways.
I know guys like to advertise low hours but if they didn't do maintanence that low hours could be far more brutal then many hours. My son races and there really is no way to figure hours as one day he may practice on the 250F and only turn 5 laps on the 450 but the next day the 250F may not even come out but the 450 gets 5 hours on it.
If the seller is bragging about low hours ask how often (and when was the last time) he does oil changes, bearing greasing, topends, clutches.......
If he hesitates or has a blank stare I'll bet he has no clue- if you ask me I can tell you exactly what our schedule is

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
None of my bikes have had an hour meter. I couldn't even take a guess as to what the hours on the bikes might be.

Without an hour meter to back up a claim I wouldn't pay any attention to a claim of low hours. Let the condition of the bike do the talking.

Rod

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
We keep track of hours on our bikes. For off road riding maybe it's easier. We have odo's and we usually guess about a 20 mile per hr average, a 100 mile day means about 5 hrs of riding. This is then marked on our chalk board in the shop. It's very helpful to keep up a maintainance schedule. I know guys who may only run a bike 30 hrs a year, and others well over 100.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hour meters are cheap, weigh nothing and are easy to install....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom