Frontside720

Aug 12, 2004
Here's the deal.

I'm looking at picking up a KDX 220 and it has come down to 2 different bikes.

What bike should I get?

Bike 1

2004 KDX 220
-On it's 4th tank of gas
-Pro Circuit platinum full exhaust and factory sound silencer
-Electrex dual sport kit
-twin air filter
-modified coil for high output
-bike is also key enabled

OR

Bike 2

2004 KDX 220
Brand new from the dealership

The prices are the same.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I would guess #2 because buddy who spent all that money on #1 might have some nasty reason for selling it after "four tanks of gas".

Modded bikes sold in like new condition is a red flag... bet it was running lean or something and so now it is toast and buddy wants to get rid of it quick...

Also - when buying a new bike I like to send a fax to all the dealers within 200 miles and ask for the best price. If you tell them it is a simple price war, and you won't be around doing test drives and asking dumb questions then you will likely be able to get a cheaper price.
Some dealerships will not deal - screw them. I got $700 of the price of my 04 last April. You should be able to get a fair bit more off the price now...

JMHO,
Phil

McRider

Jan 25, 2000
Bike 2, because:

6 month warrenty
no wear on tires/chain
no chance of seller lying about condition of bike

Most of the mods to bike 1 are not useful to U.S riders as it is getting pretty difficult in most places to license a KDX and run it on the street. Apparently in Canada things are different.

johnkdx220

Feb 6, 2003
FYI. Dealer invoice was 4813$ Can. for a 2003 model. Probably the same for a 2004. I bought mine for 5000$.

I'd go for bike no. 2 as well. 6 months warranty if you buy this option. Otherwise I beleive its 90 days. I know, I had to bring in my KDX220 for clutch repair under warrenty (the main bearings was defective).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom