What kind of exhaust on a kdx 200

Ryan17

Nov 17, 2002
Well ive got a 2002 kdx that i was thinking about puting a new exhaust on. Was wondering what brand yall prefered and a good online store taht carries them.
Thanks

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
That depends on you, do you want more bottom end or top end? I believe the fmf torque (woods) pipe is the better all around pipe for the 200. While adding to the bottom end power. If you want more top end than either the fmf rev (desert) or pro circuit pipe will do the trick. Rocky mountain has good prices for both brands. You can also pull your snorkel and modify or remove your air box lid, for a little extra snap (it's free).

Ryan17

Nov 17, 2002
Well i did some resourch and i think im going with the Procircuit. What about pulling the snorkel and modifying my air box lid. Any info or links.

Thanks

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Prety straight forward. I think that most just remove the entire lid. Some remove the snorkel and drill several large diameter (~1") holes in the lid.

There might be some information on this on the http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ website.

Last edited:

kdxracer577

Oct 25, 2002
go for the fmf burley (torque) pipe. and yes remove the airbox lid. mine ran a little rich after the pipe and airbox lid removal so i used a 155 main, R1173k needle in the 3rd position, 45 pilot, 1.5 turns out on the airscrew for 60 degree weather. the v force reed cage really helps throttle responce and overall power a lot too.... but i would get the fmf burley.

Ryan17

Nov 17, 2002
well i put the pipe on today and it seems to of made a big differance. I dont think i can remove the airbox lid on mine its got some kind of sencer on it. Do you think i need to re jet it or will it be fine the way it is.

helibuf

Sep 29, 2002
you'll have to rejet. i just put a procuit pipe on about 3 weeks ago. i went from a 148 to 165 and probably could go a bit more. that was at a 1300ft elevation, 65-70deg temps an some humitity...

that pipe made a world of difference though. frig'n thing will pull the front tire off in 3rd gear now, all though i did change the rear gear to a 47 tooth.

i'm still working on getting it right. at least i haven't burned the motor up yet.

Ryan17

Nov 17, 2002
alright thinks. Yea i was in my alley and damn near busted my ass pulling a wheelie in 2nd like i never had been able to before.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…