what kind of handlebars for a CR85 Expert-HELP!

saskia

Jan 8, 2003
I just got a 2003 Honda CR 85 Expert and I feel like I'm too tall for the bike. I'm 5'4 and when I try to stand for the jumps on the track I can't extend my legs as much as I'd like. Thinking I may need to get a higher handlebar with a triple clamp-any suggestions on which one I should get? and any suggestions on any other modifications I can make to help me feel better standing? Help! new to 2 stroke and want to dial in this bike.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
As my son grew this year we put a set of Renthal Mini High Bars on his bike. I think those will be the tallest bars you are going to find specifically for a mini.

WorksTTR125L

Jan 30, 2003
Your not near to tall for that bike. That is what size the bike is intended for. I'm your same height and I ride a TTR125L and people tell me I look perfect for it. If you a higher bend get some Mini High bars.

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
We just put answer MINI-HI bars on my girlfreinds CR85 big wheel. She was a little crowded before as well. The bars make a pretty big difference. You can also rotate them forward for more clearance. Try the bars before the risers, you'll be surprised.

YZracer53

Jan 30, 2003
I rode a CR 80 Expert up until 2 months ago, and I'm 5'9''. I had Carmichael bend Renthal Fatbars with universal oversize bar adapters that added an additonal 3/4" rise. The bike didn't feel too small to me.

AMinkman

Nov 17, 1999
TAG mini works bar. Comes in fat or std. My son was 5'4 on a std wheel yz85 and loved these bars.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…