94formy

Mar 13, 2006
I just bought a 2000 CR 250. They guy I bought it off of hadn't had it for very long (scared of it) anyway he ran Klotz mixed at 50:1. He seemed pretty convinced that i should run this as well. I run HP2 in my other CR mixed at 32:1. Will it be ok to switch to 32:1 HP2 or would it be best to stick to Klotz at 50:1?

thanks
Josh

uts

Jan 8, 2004
Well ya see everyone has a different viw on this, and here's mine,

32:1 is the general accepted ratio around here and I tend to agree. I'm not sure about klotz as I've never used it but I used to use motul 8002t at 40:1 with no problem, and this oil is recommended to be used at 50:1 by the manufacturer. Many use it at 32:1.

If you use more oil you get more carbon build up in your engine and power valve. However if your bike is jetted corectly it won't be an issue. Despite what the motul engineers say I can't help but think that more oil = longer engine life. Maybe this doesn't apply to new age synthetic racing products like motul 800, but using 32:1 certainly won't hurt your engine.

After all that dribble where I even lost myself, I would say use the HP2 at 32:1 just like in your other CR and all will be good.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
Most will tell you 50:1 is too thin, stay closer to the 32:1 , I personally use 34 or 36:1 Been using klotz r-50 for a long time pistons look good at normal change intervals,but everyone has their fav...

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
You will get many opinions on this subject. A general rule is 40:1 for a 250 and 32:1 for a 125. Follow the manufacturers recommendation on the bottle. I run Mobile MX2T (fully synthetic) in my RM250 @ 40:1 and have had great results.

I would suggest finding an oil that is readily available in your area and stick to 40:1.

Good luck, Steve.

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
I run my kdx and cr 250 at the factory recommended 32:1. I feel that more oil = less wear on moving parts. Wat do you really have to gain at leaner ratios? If jetted correctly, you'll have minimal spooge and powervalve issues. When I got my CR, the guy before me ran 50:1 belray but never jetted it for the leaner ratio.........it actually runs better with more oil......more oil = less fuel......the bike had factory jetting which I'd assume is set up for the 32:1 mix ratio....... Oh yeah, I'm running Mobil MX2Tand having great luck with it....cheap also, available at most Auto Zones.......

fuzz

Nov 27, 2000
Somebdy asked what there was to gain by running leaner ratios? This is really a sore subject with me. With all the crying about how much a 2 cycle engine polutes the air, why insist on running more oil than you need just to huff it out in smoke? Oil demands in fuel should be detemined by oil migration time (the time a drop of oil takes to be ingested, do its job, burnt and spent). High RPM's lessen the time and in turn, need more oil. You can't tell somebody they must run X:Y ratio without knowing their needs and the make up of the oil they are buying. Motul actually recomends 1.5% (66:1)when using their 800 lube for mx.

Never mind, I decided to leave this rant... it will all be a moot point after we are all riding four strokes.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
32:1

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Personally I exclusively Run HP2 at 45:1 But to each his own. This is one of Many topics that everybody has an opinion on and Most seem to think theirs is Best....Just Like the Ole' Chevy Vs. Ford Vs. Dodge arguments..LMAO..

Top Bottom