outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
on my 73 yamaha DT250, it is oil injected, the oil tank is filled but what oil should i use when it runs out, just regular 2 stroke oil, or is it some kind of special stuff i would have to buy??

JunkmanDT250

Feb 25, 2008
I would buy a good quality 2 stroke oil dont use the cheap stuff they use in chainsaws or weedwackers. Im sure someone else will chime in with their preferred oil.

JunkmanDT250

Feb 25, 2008
hey outlaw I just realized you are in Gilbert also. Where abouts. I am in the process of restoring my 72 DT250 to ride with my friend who has a 75DT we should get together and ride. If you need help on your bike let me know. Im in the area of Greenfield and Guadalupe.

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
junkman, i am at the crossroads of guadalupe and val vista, small world huh.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Get the stuff that says made for oil injection. I think it pours easier so it will flow to your pump a bit easier. Yamaha makes some for your bike that's designed for the oil injected models, it works just fine.

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
thanks big red, ill probably stock up on some... dont wanna be left out in the middle of nowhere trying run a 2 stroker on regular fuel

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
outlawgrafyx said:
thanks big red, ill probably stock up on some... dont wanna be left out in the middle of nowhere trying run a 2 stroker on regular fuel

You'd only be trying until the piston welded itself to the cylinder...

:yikes:

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
IndyMX said:
You'd only be trying until the piston welded itself to the cylinder...

:yikes:

for real, haha ive had to try to tear down a top end that some retard decided to melt the piston. jeez, that was a nightmare

Top Bottom