dustinabax

Apr 23, 2004
Right now I almost have to be running my bike at 50:1 I would like to run it at 40:1 how do I do this I know I would have to re-jet it but I dont know how to do this also what oil should I use I am using AMS OIL now it should be fine shouldnt it.

BlazinBoy

Feb 13, 2004
The oil your using is fine. Go to a motorcycle shop and get a "ratio rite". It is a plastic cup with measurements on it which aid in getting your oil/fuel mixture exactly right. Your jetting has nothing to do with the oil to fuel ratio. Jetting adjusts the air to fuel mixture.

BlazinBoy

Feb 13, 2004
biglou.....'more oil=less fuel' which in turn means the bike has a RICH oil/fuel mixture and 'less oil=more fuel' is a LEAN mixture. Again a motorcycles carburetor jetting has NOTHING to do with the oil to fuel ratio. All a carburetor does is mix air and fuel and regulate how much goes into the engine. The oil to fuel ratio is controlled by whoever mixes it! :clue:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Ya, take that you kitty killer!!!! :p
Get a 5 gallon gas container & fill it then dump in a 16oz container of premix and you're good to go.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
BlazinBoy said:
The oil to fuel ratio is controlled by whoever mixes it! :clue:

The oil to fuel ratio may be, but Lou is correct. The air/fuel ratio that reaches the combustion chamber will most certainly be impacted by the amount of oil that is mixed into the fuel.

As you add more oil into the pre-mix less gasoline will pass through the jets , all else being equal. This is effectively leaning the AIR/FUEL ratio.

Top Bottom