what other mods can i get for my rm125?

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
i have a 82' rm125 with dg pipe, renthal sproket, uni filter, and i wanted to know if theres any other mods i can do to it? and were i could get them(internet)?

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
The next thing i could think of as far as motor mods would be porting or possibly a new reed cage. I imagine if it has never been changed this would help a lot. If the stock ones are still in it they are probably pretty bad. VForce and Boysene (sp?) are the two i hear about most but I havent tried either.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
what are you planning to do with it? if you are only going to trail ride around just spend your money and time making sure everything is up to snuff. In my humble opinion you have a great bike but unfortunately 20 years of technology will never let it perform up to todays standards. Pay close attention to the wishbone shock linkage. Keep them cleaned and greased all the time them parts are getting hard to find and very expensive!
That bike was a very good bike in its time almost considered a classic! good power great rear suspension and one of<if not> the first production water cooled bikes. I had the good fortune of owning one of those back when it was almost competive and I loved the bike. Just keep it simple clean and well maintaned and save your money for something newer that you can easily get parts for.

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
thanks guys!! this bike will be used for mainly the desert, and maybe some practice laps around the local track!! i dont want to port it because if i sell it i want is close to stock!

im probly gonna get some after market bars, grips, and levers, and maybe some boyeson reeds! any opions on what the best ones to get!!

btw-ill have probly have around $150 to spend this time around!!

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by jmics19067
f. In my humble opinion you have a great bike but unfortunately 20 years of technology will never let it perform up to todays standards.
actually this bike can out torqe my cousins piped 98' yz125 and and still tie it in top speed!! but i guess you were talking more about the suspention,even though it was before its time, isnt able to take the huge jumps(50ft+) jumps the newer bikes can, oh well its a great bike!!

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
well Iwould say that there is something wrong with your buddies yz 125 or with the way he rides ;)
the forks and brakes are nowhere near anything decent by todays standards heh but there are a few guys who swear that is the best production rear suspension ever made learn to ride on the rear wheel a lot and that bike just feels awesome!!!

150$ hmmmm I would go to something like aluminum bars with bark busters, radiator gaurds or a skid plate. Something along the lines that if you crash or something you can get up look at the bike and say wow that guard just saved me some money. You dont need a reed block for the bike<in fact I dont think they make an aftermarket one because the carberator is already straight into the cylinder> but new reeds you cant go wrong! I prefer Boyesen dualstage reeds but I cant really say why I like them better maybe its just the guys name Eyvind Boyeson man you just better be good at what you do with that name heh. Oh and air filters although real sweet to take out and clean but man they just freak me out I just never could be 100% sure if they were in right and not letting dirt pass thru.

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by jmics19067
well Iwould say that there is something wrong with your buddies yz 125
the only reasont i can beat him in low end, is becuase i have a torqe pipe, torqe sproket, his pipe is more midrange and topend!! stock for stock he would beat me by a little!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom