Robkdx220

May 10, 2005
Well i just bought a brand new kdx 220 a while ago. And some people insisted to put a new pipe on it so if anyone has a good idea please post them.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
the bike in stock form and jetted properly makes decent power. Tossing the air lid, and adding a pipe will add some power. Do you honestly feel like the bike is lacking power? or are you just doing this because everyone else is doing it? I made the mistake of putting a pipe on my bike before I tried to re-jet it in stock form, and I was not impressed with the power increase. Then I re-jetted, and the bike really woke up. Part of me feels like I could have done a similar thing with the stock pipe.

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
I put the FMF woods pipe on and I still reach about 71 mph. I do want to try the desert (rev) pipe to see what the diffrence is but dont want to spend another $200. I also went with a TPCII silencer and it runs and sounds awsome.

ELF

sledman

Oct 23, 2002
I pipe really wakes up the KDX 220. The Pro Circuit pipe is probably the best for quality and fit, and woks well. We have put these pipes on two 220's now, both with excellant results. Combined with a good set of cabon fiber low tension reeds, and it makes the bike perform better everywhere, without being hard to handle. Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom