What rear Tyre?

Almost 2 old

Nov 12, 2002
Before I have the time to rebuild a rear for a KDX to take a 18" tyre, I need a new pair of tyres. What 19" rear do you guys advice? Looking at putting a 110 / 90 on. Whats the biggest anyone has put on?

Most of my riding will be muddy roads and tracks in the UK.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I put as big as they come on my 200 110/100.

You won't find agreement on 'what does everyone use'. That's like asking what kind of oil is 'the best'.

Personally, I like dunlop 756s. It's for soft terrain. I ride in mud, rocks, roots, decomposed granite, gravel, forest floor leaves-sticks-etc.

...just about everything. They don't chunk...wear fairly well...corner good...brake good...well, they're just .....good!

I local 250mx'er type I know of uses d756s all the time. Front and back, btw.

beefking

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 2002
Definetly D756 is one of the best rear tires I have ever used. I also really like the michelin S12 for soft stuff...M12 is better for a harder variety of soil. I also recently tried a 140/80-18 IRC M5B, great tire! Lugs are massive, almost like a paddle tire. I think the widest a KDX will take is a 110 however. ;)

Green Rider

May 29, 2002
I agree with canyncarvr, ask for an opinion on tires and you open the flood gates. That being said, my humble opinion is that the Michelin S12 works great on my KDX. It hooks up well in soft loamy conditions and has never let me down.

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
the dunlops work great, but they don't last for crap. The S/H 12 combo works great. I've got 3 enduros on the S12 rear and it's finally time to flip it, which is 2 races more than I ever got from a Dunlop.

Almost 2 old

Nov 12, 2002
Thanks for your help guys, will hunt aroung for the best deal. I thought I could go up to 110, but best ask for help.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…