XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cr85re said:
so what is the goat i no it sounds stupid but what is it?
goatbrecker.jpg

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I know of a DRN member was once accused of 'Stanbagging'. :nod: while he cleared every tabletop in the Dirtweek 'C' class race.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
Hhhmmm...the GOAT. That guy is awsome. Never seen anyone ride like him. I think he is so good that he is the "Greatest-Of-All-Time". Only one that comes even close to him would be that unknown rider that goes by the initials R.C. ;)

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
GNCC the home of sandbagging in the off road world only SECOND to the first place sandbagging capital of the world and that would be LL national championship process.
these processes are the cherry picking capitals of the racing communitys.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Sandbagging is a term that I have always heard when referring to someone attempting to race in a class or heat that is easier for them, or perhaps get a favorable start position (inverted start). Usually implies that the driver intentionally went slow during qualifying.

Cherrypicking is a term I have always heard being used with respect to sports, usually amature / kids. For example, in basketball a "cherry picker" is the guy who waits down by the opponents basket when everyone else is down at his end of the court. His team recovers the ball, throws it down the court to him where he has no one to bother him when he shoots.

Rod

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
rmc_olderthandirt said:
Sandbagging is a term that I have always heard when referring to someone attempting to race in a class or heat that is easier for them, or perhaps get a favorable start position (inverted start). Usually implies that the driver intentionally went slow during qualifying.

Cherrypicking is a term I have always heard being used with respect to sports, usually amature / kids. For example, in basketball a "cherry picker" is the guy who waits down by the opponents basket when everyone else is down at his end of the court. His team recovers the ball, throws it down the court to him where he has no one to bother him when he shoots.

Rod
Either way, it is someone looking for the easy way to glory. This is why, while there is a lot of potential talent, the only truly fast riders prove it in the A classes. An exceptional rider in the B class, is still just a B rider.

I once remember watching a B rider, after a staggered start, catch and pass all but one A rider on the track, he even fell late in the first lap. As is common practice, he was sandbagging to stay eligible for B at LL, and I did respect that he moved up as soon as Loretta's ended. I did see him run the Motocross class in 2 Outdoor nationals in '07 (apparently he skipped Lites).

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
so this cherry picking&sandbaggingstuff means i should get a 125?cause im pretty good on my 85.and ive been trying to figure out if i should get a 125 but i no its easier for me on my 125 and im alot faster so should i move up?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
No, but if you are winning the D class every week, then you should move up. And should you get a 125 and stay in the D class there (while winning every race) then you too, will be guilty of sandbagging.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom