dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
i have a 1997 cr125 i bought it about year ago rode it maybe 4 times it smoked alot kinda fixed that problem with a carb rebulit kit and repacking the pipe...i wuz on the trails getting alittle ruff on the bike then it started stalling on me then died i tried get it started agian it would not start it seemed like a 5 year old kid could press the kick starter down with no problem like it had no compression so whatever... i pulled the motor off yesterday i wuz woundering what i should do..? just a pistion and clutch rebuilt kit? and call it a day or what..?and i wuz wondring will a 250 bolt right on a cr 125 frame? and another ?...sorry whats a good gear to have 50t/49/t 12t/13t/ or anyone no?

motocross3

Jan 30, 2008
sounds like all you need is new rings and maybe a piston, if your piston is torn up check your cylinder walls to make sure you don't need a new one of those, as for the other questions i don't know

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
motocross3 said:
sounds like all you need is new rings and maybe a piston, if your piston is torn up check your cylinder walls to make sure you don't need a new one of those, as for the other questions i don't know
alight thanks buddy...u think i should go with a new clutch to...and is it hard to do them both by my self

thejake456

Sep 24, 2007
you probly dont need a new clutch unless it is giving you alot of troubles. and it isnt too hard to change that! im 16 and have done it so many times, i can do it with my eyes closed!

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
thejake456 said:
you probly dont need a new clutch unless it is giving you alot of troubles. and it isnt too hard to change that! im 16 and have done it so many times, i can do it with my eyes closed!
it seemed like it wuz giving me alot of troubles on the trial like when i would go to let the clutch out it seemed like it wuz slipping or just grabing really hard the back tire would jump i just got the pistion out last night idk how to tell if its bad...that or the ring i can take pixs and post it...so the clutch is four bolts then pull the springs and the clutch plates and put the new ones back in?

Ron2stroke1

Feb 28, 2008
i dont mean to sound like a jerk or anything but with all the abbreviations in your typing it is kinda hard to understand. And about the clutch you will have to remove the 4 bolts and springs. you then slide the pressure plate off. after you get thet off your plates will slide right out. Also check your basket for wear too(there may be notches on the cluch basket where the plates slide in). If there are any just file them down untill its smooth.

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
i got the pistion and clutch in today it was not that hard...just alittle tricky putting the head back on....trying to get the pistion in the head...but other then that its all done and running i think i need to adjust my carb...i had it rebuilt but my bike still smokes alittle bit and bulgs down when i give it gas in gear....

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
that is taken directly from eric gorr´s book... :rotfl: :think: :fft:

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
helio lucas said:
that is taken directly from eric gorr´s book... :rotfl: :think: :fft:

yeah it says it at the very bottem,

and i would think its jetting but have you checked your reads or cleaned your powervalves if it has any lol

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
Moparman1539 said:
If its smoking... check the jetting, and make sure its spot on..

And is it loosing any transmission fluid?
when i flushed it there wuz not much in it... but i changed it a couple months ago and only rode 2 times for about 2 hours

Last edited:
Top Bottom