Jun 25, 2010
I am doing a top end rebuild on my and when I pulled the cylinder off and inspected it I noticed a slight imperfection on the plating. :yikes: I ran my finger over it and noticed it was very small. It is also not deep at all. It probably got there from the rings splitting apart at the exhaust port. I am wondering what would happen if I put a new piston and rings in. Would it run alright? would it damage the engine more? If so where could I get it replated quickly for cheap? If I need to I can post a picture.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Pic might be helpful, but if you can feel it with your fingernail, there is a real chance it might start shedding material if you rebuild it as is. Once you start losing the coating, the aluminum under it galls pretty quickly.

Jun 25, 2010

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Looks like your bike was running a bit on the hot side and it seized the ring..

The cylinder picture sucks.. You need to back up a bit and get a picture that's in focus and crop it down then post.

Hell, I can barely make out the scratch in that picture.

I'm going to guess that you should probably send that cylinder off to Eric Gorr and have him fix it for you.

If you do that, also have him set you up with a piston & ring. And ask him to fix the bridge and piston so they don't over heat like that again.

http://www.eric-gorr.com/

Jun 25, 2010
How long would it take for eric gorr to fix it? Also I already have a piston kit so I won't need to buy another one.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The only way to know how long it will take is to call / email Eric directly. None of us work for him and have no idea what his current work load is. Think about it for a second and it will all make perfect sense.

Top Bottom