codyj

Jun 1, 2008
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)5'1 120 pounds
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? medium
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with not friends or ????? THIS IS my first bike buts there's a mx track 5mins away so maybe
4) Do you have any riding experience?yes on quads
5) Do you think you will race ? maybe
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?no
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? doesnt matter
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? no

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? nothing over 2500
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age?12
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion no

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2007
First off, please be patient...it may take a day or two to get an answer here. Most of us have jobs, and can't answer things immediately.

It depends on how long you've been riding and what kind of quad you've been riding.

Can you use a clutch? How much more are you going to grow, and how soon will you be growing?

codyj

Jun 1, 2008
justalonewolf007 said:
First off, please be patient...it may take a day or two to get an answer here. Most of us have jobs, and can't answer things immediately.

It depends on how long you've been riding and what kind of quad you've been riding.

Can you use a clutch? How much more are you going to grow, and how soon will you be growing?
i've been rideing a yahama 200 blaster 2 stroke with a clutch.

Apr 30, 2007
This is kinda tough to answer, as you are about the same size I am. Essentially, you are in between sized for bikes right now... much like I am in the process of trying to upgrade to a CR 125.

I have run out of room on my CR 80 Expert (same size as the yz 85). You would run out of room on a YZ 85 as well, and grow out of it very quickly.

It depends on how much track riding you do compared to the trail riding you do. If you're doing tight turns and very technical stuff, then it's not going to be a good bike for you. If they are more open trails with very few obstacles, then it might be good for the short while that you will still be small enough to ride it...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom