Jul 25, 2005
my bike is a 220 and I just put in an order for a vforce 3 reed cage. what can i expect from this cage. I also have a desert pipe that i am going to put on in conjunction with the v-force. what can i expect with the 2 together. is there any jetting changes with the vforce. and is this a good combo for steep mountainous trails which I ride. thanks. the trail rider.

notenuftoys

Sep 3, 2004
I have a 200, and I noticed quicker throttle response. I'm not sure if there was more power; I think the quicker response made the bike feel faster. But regardless, I love it.

dirtman2527

Mar 19, 2006
I had a CR250 and put in the V3s and it gave a very noticable quickness to the thottle and it also evened out the powerband. A little more power total but it was now evenly distribted throughout the gears.

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
Dirtman2527

The power cant be distributed through the gears .

You may have better power throught he rev range but has nothing to do with gears .

Jul 25, 2005
sounds like it gives more throttle response and a small but noticeable power difference everywhere. there is something is there any adjustments to the cage itself like on the vforce 2 you know so that you can get high end horsepower and the other setting for low end torque.

Jan 16, 2005
crisp-ier? Takes the sluggish mildly rubbery feel out of the stock response. Ok I'm talking out my "a" a bit, but I have them and couldn't think of a better way to describe it. But that's my .02

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
Is the DF3 any better than the Carbon Tech Low Tension carbon fiber reeds??? I was thinking of spending the $140, but not if it's not noticably better. The Carbon Tech's added very noticable power throughout the whole rpm range. I actually noticed it most on top end even though the Low Tension reeds are supposedly better for low end power! It was unexpected, but I ain't complainin'!!! They're way better than stock!!!

Lambkawi

Oct 31, 2005
I just put V3's on two weeks ago and noticed all around power and response. I've read that the larger carb from the 200 gives the 220 more top end power. I'm guessing that it takes away from the low end but I've surely got no complaints there.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom