bloodsugarmx

Sep 13, 2006
I am 18.
6'5" 195, I have done trail riding, want to get into mx.
i am pretty fit, I jog a mile and a half 4 days a week and lift weights often. Im fairly aggressive but not stupid.
I dont think I'll be racing for a while
I'll be doing my own wrenching.
I have dealers for all major brands close
Dont want to spend more than 4000

elliot-cr133

Uhhh...
Jul 4, 2006
4 stroke or 2 stroke?

ps- im sure you mgiht have gotten all the info down, but theres a sticky at the top of the thread and thats always helpful to fill out.

bloodsugarmx

Sep 13, 2006
either way, 2 or 4, I am just looking for any recomendation. I think a 450 4 stroke or 250 2 stroke might be too much power for me right now.

TxCr250

Aug 24, 2006
I'd take a spin on a 125cc 2 stoke. Main reason I say that is price and since you'll be doing your own wrenching, the 2 stokes (for the most part) are easier to work on. I would bet you could find one near your area on cycletrader.com for around 4k new.

bloodsugarmx

Sep 13, 2006
My friend suggested I get a yz 250f he seems to think it would be a good fit for my size, I've got a lead on a 2006 yz 250f, they were asking 4500, but I was able to talk them down to 4000. does this seem like a pretty good deal? As far as wrenching goes I think I can handle a 4 stroke with just a little more time and effort, I am pretty mechanically inclined and have done wrenching on my friends bikes for a while now. Thanks for your help!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
bloodsugarmx said:
My friend suggested I get a yz 250f he seems to think it would be a good fit for my size, I've got a lead on a 2006 yz 250f, they were asking 4500, but I was able to talk them down to 4000. does this seem like a pretty good deal? As far as wrenching goes I think I can handle a 4 stroke with just a little more time and effort, I am pretty mechanically inclined and have done wrenching on my friends bikes for a while now. Thanks for your help!

If it's new, sure. If it's used, who knows? The problem with the 250F's is they are very expensive when they break. That's the price you pay for Formula 1 technology in a dirtbike. Like the head of KTM said when they released their recent killer 250SXF, the question for the Lites class is: the bike costs 4x as much, is the racing 4x as good?

For fun/$$, you really can't beat a 250 2 stroke IMO.

Top Bottom