What's the best MX Knee Brace?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 20, 2007
Sup guys... do you use a knee brace when riding? Which ones out there do you trust? Are there any I should avoid? My buddy tells me CTi CTi CTi and my neighbor has an asterisk that looks cool but looks like it's falling apart. Anyone use EVS or Fox?

I need to get a pair but want to get some opinions.

Let me know if you dig on yours... :ride:

Mar 16, 2007
I dont know, never used a knee brace but want some. astertisk seem pretty pricy so they must be good right? I was looking at the evs because they are affordable.a brace is better than no brace.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The Cells ROCK! I've had mine since the first run several years ago and they might be a little "worn" but I know if they do start to "fall apart" all I have to do is contact Asterisk customer support. If you do a little searching on here you'll find a lot of info on various knee brace discussions. Need vs not needed, brand, do they really help, you name it.

If you want good patela protection the Cells can't be beat. I've split my knee cap twice before getting them, not fun. I've torn / worn the various pieces in my knee and honestly the Cells are the only thing that let me still ride.

A poorly designed / constructed brace may not be better than nothing because if it doesn't fit or parts fail and end up sticking in you leg most would consider that a bad thing. I know of situations where Cells failed but they also did their job in the process.

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
My son uses EVS Webs and loves them. Apparently they are doing their job, lots of crashes and no (knee) injuries. Will take a 15-20 mph side impact hit from an angry :pissed: 125 rider with only a minor bend :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
After once again getting out of bed this morning to the sound of popcorn as I walked across the floor I think next to a helmet knee braces should be at the top of the spend what you think they are worth list. I didn't when I started out and after years of abuse from riding & snow skiing I am REALLY regretting it.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Being the son of an insurance agent, I have this view on protective devices:

The initial cost of the protection will outweigh the cost of damage when it happens. I only say "when" because I know that in this sport, more than likely, it will happen. It's not so much the actual cost of getting yourself fixed, but the cost of a long term, perhaps for life, pain or disability type situation. Sacrificing your bodily abilities for dollars is not really worth it, in my opinion. I don't buy the less approved helmets, and I look long and hard at other devices to make sure they are better built and have better support, both hardware and consumer wise.

Asterisk has a great product, and they have great customer support. My wife has them, and my best friend has them. I WILL have them in the near future, I am sold on the performance of this product.

Roost

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rooster said:
. . . and my best friend has them.
No I don't. ;)

I wish I did. I agree that prevention is a good thing. Just like a helmet, try 'em on. Comfort is an important factor, because if you aren't comfortable wearing the safety equipment, you won't wear it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
We've been beyond happy with the quality and service we have received from Asterisk. I looked at the EVS Webs when we were about to buy but there was way too many guys complaining about the straps breaking off for my liking. Also keep in mind that when comparing the EVS Webs the price is per brace so the Asterisk which I feel is a superior brace is $90 cheaper for the pair.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
After using CTI, Ortho Tech (OT was waayyy back in the 80's) and Asterisk, Donjoy has them all beat hands down...not a better fitting brace available. $$$ but very, very nice brace

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom