What's the best OHV system in the nation?

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Just thinking about planning a vacation for next spring and was wondering what's the "Bar-none, number-one, diversist, gnarliest, easiest, coolest" system in the whole USA?
I'm kinda thinkin' Hatfield-McCoy or Moab. :cool:
What say you?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i see your from Tn. id guess youve been to coal creek, i love that place. we come down every spring to get the cobwebs out.

heres a website that may help you , it helped me find CC
http://www.atvpathfinder.com/index.cfm

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Hatfield-McCoy has my vote but I have never been west of the mississippi except to race. You can spend a couple of days easy maybe more at the Browning Fork Trail System then go to Dingess Rum and then Buffalo Mountain. Those 3 are my favorites the others are not bad though. Run the black and single track(pretty gnarly stuff) in both directions if you like up and down hills because theres alot of it.

trailsheaven.com

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
from what ive heard Ouray Colorado could be a place to check out

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
ellandoh said:
i see your from Tn. id guess youve been to coal creek, i love that place. we come down every spring to get the cobwebs out.
I took the whole family to Coal Creek last spring and I'd highly recommend it to anybody, but I'd bet there are places in this country that would make CC look like a pit stop. And that's saying a mouthful!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
ellandoh said:
from what ive heard Ouray Colorado could be a place to check out

Good, but forget it until at least June. Ouray is too high in the mountains to have the snow gone in the spring.

We go to Moab in May and it is beautiful, but we cannot go into the mountains (east of Moab) because of snow. West of 191 is many square miles of wonderful riding opportunities that are good year round.

Check out the Moab threads in the Ride Reports forum for information.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I have been to both Hat-Mcoy and Coal Creek. When I was at CC there was no helmet, riding double, cooler toting 4 wheelers everywhere. You know they had beer in there. Never will go back. Had to go ask people to make their kids stay away from our cars in the parking lot, they was almost as many people riding in the parking lot as on the trail.

Hatfield and Mcoy, trails also seemed to be in better shape.

mbaird

May 25, 2006
If you've never ridden Idaho, your missing out!!!!
I moved here from the midwest 23 yrs ago and still havent ridden near all the trails. high mtns to desert. technical to fast and wide.
I ride about 5-6 full day rides a month and try to hit a new trail as often as possible. Most rides are between 40-80 miles per.

feel free to contact me if you want to come out. I'd be glad to guide you around.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…