Whats the best state for public land riding?

thestrider

Apr 21, 2003
I want to get some shots of the other parts of the US. I live in Mich which has one of (if not THE) best public trail systems in the US. When I am done with college and wish to re-locate I would like to know where else is "Off road riding Friendly" that is if thats not an oxy moron already. I know the land grabbers,like the gun grabbers,like the personal freedoms grabbers of all sorts never rest. That being said I guess where are some of the lesser evils? Utah,Colorado,N.M,?I would love to move to those areas or maybe Wash. State (family there)
Help me out...

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Arizona and Navada are rider friendly for sure. that's more for open riding. Where I'm at in SoCal tends to be rider friendly too. I know that there are tons of people that ride in Colorado, Utah, and New Mexicao. if you want to get the low down on that part of the country try the DRN Mile High Chapter to get the low down. I know that DRN also has a large number of riders in the Washinton area. hopefuly they chime in also.

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
I grew Up in Idaho and rode tons in utah, wyoming and montana. I now live in MI. I would say compared to Michigan any of those states would be a paradise.

g_man80

Nov 30, 2004
I've lived in Bozeman, Montana for just under a year now and there's definitely a LOT of trails. And I don't think they will be going anywhere for a long time. It's much more accepted here than in PA where I used to live. Also, Idaho isn't far and I hear they have some great trails as well. Hopefully I can get down to the St. Anthony dunes in ID soon. Good luck with the relocation. :cool:

Top Bottom