SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
Why does RC run so much sag? There has to be a reason. Even if it's "cause he's so freakin short it's the only way he can start" :confused: . I thought maybe it was something with the Kawi but after seeing pictures of his new ride it looks like it's set the same way. It seems to me the suspension wouldn't work nearly as well running it like that...

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
My theory is the extra sag makes it easier for him to get rear wheel traction when cornering. He's cornering using the throttle to steer the bike to a far greater degree than any normal human. When landing jumps, he has full travel as the suspension has plenty of time to fully extend.

Just because it works for RC does not mean it will work for people with lesser skills.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
The Pro Circuit 125 that he rode at Steel City looked like it was set up with the 'normal' amount of sag.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I run a ton of sag too. It is personal preference. My bike is a little bit twitchy with the proper sag and with alot, it is more stable and handles better IMO.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Vic,
I saw the same thing.. I also saw him do a death swap that I'm sure any mortal would not have riden out.. He was completly, if not past sideways down the big down hill on satursday practice...

jer

Top Bottom