Whats the real spring rate of the 03 RM 125

trialsmasta

~SPONSOR~
May 7, 2003
Okay one magazine says the rear is a 4.9 and some race shops I call up either say 4.6 or 4.8. No one seems to know.

For the front one magazine says it's a .42 one race shop swears up and down that it;s a .40 so whats the deal.

Oh yeah I have a rear spring from a 2001 rm 125 all the shops I called said that was a 4.8. Hopfully on the money with this one

Now the kicker, one race shop says for my weight of 170-175lbs I should use the stock 4.9, another says I should use a 4.6 and lastly one says a 5.0.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
LOL welcome to the wacky suspension world-best bet is to take it to the local tuners and have it rated-they do very slightly even oem ones

A 4.6 sounds a bit soft to me.4.9 isnt a long way out.

Whats your sag numbers say?

trialsmasta

~SPONSOR~
May 7, 2003
Bike sag is 25mm and with me sitting on the bike right around 100mm. Sounds pretty much right on the money. The manual say its a 4.9 so I'm more inclined to belive that. Just that I bought a second rear shock of a 2001 rm 125 so I can have a swing at revalving. It would be sweet if the spring rates where the same so that I can just swap them out at the track during testing without having to swap springs as well.

Top Bottom