Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
WR-2012_STEWART_02.jpg

Word comes down that Malcolm Stewart will miss the last round, at Utah this weekend. No word from sweet baby James.

What the heck is going on at the Stewart camp? Has Dad set the boys down to re-focus? How many professional motocross racers have bailed 4 rounds over dehydration?

Is James detoxing? Adderall is some serious stuff... cold turkey would suck, but, just bail on a season when you are clearly competitive and can get your sponsors TV time?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I doubt it is detoxing. The first round in MX that they tested was Thunder Valley and my understanding is they did urine and blood.

Nobody tested positive. If memory serves me correct, that included Stewart.

If it wasn't in his system enough to trigger a positive then his wins following had nothing to do with Adderall and his current issue would not be from detox, in my opinion. It just doesn't make sense to not test positive, win and then be in detox. I would think the detox would have happened before then.

I personally believe the Stewart camp is taking their ball and going home until they get the SX stuff sorted out. Stewart, despite his wins, was not in the hunt for the Outdoor title so there is no incentive to race unless he is allowed to move forward with SX.

I think he raced and won to prove a point and then when he had some bad luck he decided to not risk anything until it all settles down.

Malcolm, I believe has some real issues. Technically, you can look at what Ping said in his column about the training preparing him for the heat but I think Malcolm got seriously dehydrated for whatever reason and is struggling.

I have gotten dehydrated to a point I almost went to the doc (and wish I did) and it took months before I could feel confident enough to push physically at anything. This was back when I was actually in shape too. I was doing a second 35 mile road bicycle ride of the day in August with over 95 degree temp and high humidity. It drained me and I toughed it out.

I couldn't do much over 20 miles any other ride after that for months, even after the weather cooled off. It really messed me up in ways I didn't realize.

Now I am fat and out of shape and get dehydrated filling my water bottle.

Ivan

Feb 25, 2001
Malcom actually had a rare condition in which the muscle fibers get dissolved into the blood stream. It clogs your kidneys and can cause death if not treated quickly. He spent several days in the hospital until his white blood cell count was close to normal.

The condition can be caused by over training, lack of sleep & dehydration.

Top Bottom