Matt K

Dec 22, 2008
Hey, all. My name is Matt. I am thirteen years old. I like to skate and wakeboard, shoot stuff, and play my Xbox 360.

I am really new to all this, like REALLY new. I am looking to purchase my first bike before February, I have a budget of almost 800$. But for now I will have to live with borrowing my friend's.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Hey matt! welcome. I'm matt as well. What are ya thinking about getting for your first bike?

Matt K

Dec 22, 2008
I'm not particularly sure, I was thinking something from 100cc-125cc. I am 5' and 106lbs. Is there anything that you would recommend for someone my size? The only other thing that I require of a bike is that I could still use it in a few years when I am a lot bigger.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
you would probably like a Yamaha TTR 125 or a suzuki DRZ 125 but it you are an agressive rider then a YZ 80 KX 80 cr 80 OR rm 80 would be best.
since your new to dirt bikes I will try to explain the ones I have listed to you.

the 125CC bikes are 4strokes and they are reliable and easy to ride but they are not built for raceing or serious jumping
the 80CC bikes are 2strokes evan through their motors are smaller the produce a lot more power then the 125s,they also have better suspention but they take longer to learn how to ride.
As far as outgrowing them, well I think it is best to get one that fits and when you out grow it you can sell it and buy a bigger one.
My first bike was a realy old and heavy 125 2stroke, and because it was so big I could not lift it up if I crashed. so I was scared to ride it

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Took most of the words outta my mouth.. Matt K......what he said!hahaha

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You will get more response to which bike you should get if you post Here. Read the stickies there first so you give the right info for the best help.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom