TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
....If I remember correctly we were all virgins....

Not just bike riding ha! :)

Sounds like an unreal time. I wish we had such an event here. Unfortunately I think the Australian/NZ chapter amounts to less than 10 people.

Enjoy (especially the part Tony mentioned :) )

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
OK, Here's my list of excuses. I want to go but...
it's too far away :whiner:
can't get time off from work :|
I don't think I can financially swing it :|
I'm a lousy rider :o
it's the weekend of our 21st wedding anniversery :worship:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Zoomer
Hey Rich, wasn't that you working on billy's and thumps bike all weekend at DW 02? :worship:

Mike - I was just trying to find SOMETHING that wasn't blown to bits :scream:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
DW sure is hard on Yamahas... Mine, Okies, Billy's and Zoomers. the funny thing is Billy nuked half of the list in a 3-day period.

I will never forget though when Rich sent the motor back to me... I asked what he had done ad he said, just go ride it and tell me what you think first... then he laughed.... That motor was awesome until the damaging affects of B? caused it to come apart at the seems, literally.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I came home with more crap in my gear bag, more fat on my belly, and more friends in my heart. This time, I'm making room for lots more of the last two.

Get this- last night I had a dream about DW '03. Crispy was in it, so was Shiftless. And Eddie, GSR, Carlos, Milk, Thump, thekid turning fast laps, and Brownie working the water truck. angryjim showed up for a day. I was in the scoring tower for the mx races in my underwear and really nervous because Scooter was on her way and I had skidmarks. Then Eddie let me ride his 400, and I smoked the C class. It was great. Until I woke up this morning with the covers off, and a kink in my neck. I went to pee, and while relieving my straining bladder, I started to realize... "man, these people feel like family". I'd do anything for any one of them.

So now, less than two months away, they're invading my dreams. They're on my mind nearly every hour of every day. I'm thinking up jokes to play, funny names to call them, and what I'm going to paint on my butt to get a laugh out of them when I drop my shorts at the Start/Finish of the final moto of the day on Saturday when I beat Mully in a foot race up the face of the table (man, talk about a run-on!). Hey, Milk ain't the only one with a shiny, white heiny.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yup, that Zio... he's gotta way with words ...

First of all, I don't know rather to be dissapointed or pleased that while you named just about everyone in my family... you skipped me.
I select; drum roll.... pleased.

Second. Dude. Trust me. Scooter has no patience for skid marks. None what so ever. I'm sure your mommy told you to always wear clean shorts to the races. Wait a second... you had skid marks and all you did was score? Pffft.

DirtWeek Comith.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I don't really understand what you just said. What's too easy? You want me to pee on her? Or just stand next to her in my undies? Whatever you say, you're the boss.

Is this what you really had in mind when you started this thread? I can't imagine it is. I'm sorry. I swear, I can't help it. You gotta believe me.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I'm still planning on feeding our little weirdo most of the time but only because I played such a small and innocent role in his dream. Had I been the one in underwear with skid marks he could starve as far as I am concerned ;)

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
DW 02 was my first one. And even though I am a very quiet person, and have a hard time approaching people that I don't know (to start a conversation), I had a great time, and felt at home. Everyone there, was super friendly, the atmosphere was laid back, and it was one of the best times I have ever had. As I was driving off last year from DW 02, I made a promise to myself to get up enough nerve to make sure and try to meet everyone at DW 03. ;) It's kinda of funny, because people would come up and talk to me, and being a quite person I probably came off as a ahole. And then when I looked thru the pics of DW 02 in the gallery, I was like "oh so that's who that was!". But it was a great time. And if you haven't signed up, well shame on you :ugg: You are missing out on one heck of a time.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Eddie, in my book- your undies are pristine. I forgot to mention your dog. It was there, too. It slept on me the last night, and I think more went on than I remember. And since we're on the subject, how 'bout some guacamole this year with the fajitas?

Wraith, look me up this year. I'm sort of the same- I won't approach anyone (unless it's around 11pm and I've got liquid courage, which I should not do this year).

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Crispy
Should I be scared? Zio, you are a riot!!! Cant wait to see you again this year!

I promise, I won't pee on anyone. Especially you. Here's a belated thanks to you & Mom for dragging me to your camp my first night & making me feel like I was family.

But I will be just as apprehensive this time. As Dirtweek gets closer, my posts get longer and I get nervous & type more and more rediculous things, I start to get anxious and think everyone takes what I say seriously and that I'm going to pull out a bottle of Night Train & ask them to spend 20 minutes in the closet with me.

Hey. I just had an idea. For anyone on the fence about going to DW, here's your chance answer all the questions that you never dared to ask: Is zio funny in person? Does zio wear mascara? Does he pee standing up? Does he talk like Rip Taylor? Is he a hugger, or a hand-shaker? Boxers or french-cut thongs? Coffee or tea? Sushi or fish sticks? Who's Rip Taylor?

And for you family types, relax. I'm really a husband/father/conservative who's never cheated, never thrown a punch, and will play with your kids and treat them like my own. I don't cuss either. Honest. "Crap" is the worst word I use. And only in front of adults. :)

Top Bottom