What's your average (racer) attendance?

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I was just wondering how big some of your races turn out to be. A couple of weeks ago the Wild West Nationals held round 9 here and there was (in this part of the country) a big turn out. At the riders meeting they told us that 436 (racers) were signed up. It was the most we have ever had.

:) btw, I am happy to report that I went 2/3 in my class with two of the worst starts I have ever had. I was very pleased after the first moto, only to be heartbroken in the second sitting on the start gate with my bike in neutral:o while the rest of the 19 guys all streaking for the first turn. I don't think I have ever ridden that hard to pull out a 3rd from dead last. The honest truth is, I almost lost my lunch after the race.

I was just wondering how big to the races get across the country?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the state championship races here (okla.) will draw about 400-500 riders. so will some of the special races. i do most of my racing at three tracks. one averages about 120-200 riders. the other two average about 70-100. i race 40+ and we usually have a fairly small class, maybe 4-10 riders.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
The last big race up here in Marysville, CA had 416 racers. I just got back into the motocross scene, so I dont know how many attend a non-series race yet. I remember when I raced 1991 golden state nationals there were alot more people. I remember there being multiple gates of some classes.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Well, ya'll know how Texas has gotta have everythang so big & all

check out www.tccra.org

Avergage race size to 500 to 700 riders @ almost every race.:scream:

Last race I was in 41 guys in my class (Over 35 Amateur) alone lined up with me, we started two minutes behind the over 40 B class a two minutes ahead of the Open C Class.:eek:

N

NdKxRacer

in ND, we average about 200-250. We race 15 classes, but combine a couple of them. The thing that we a re wanting to do is add a couple classes, but the day is too long already, so I am not sure how we are going to handle that. We start at 11 and finish about 7. I think we need to start registration an hour earlier. That is from 8 to 9 , so it would help if we started earlier. What type of schedules do other staes run?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Illinois/Indiana/Michigan/Wisconsin/Minnesota Area - usually 50-800!

I know... it's some range... but there are some smaller and less popular tracks that typically get 50-150 riders... then there are the bigger ones (Red Bud, Casey, Byron, Aztalan, Wapella, Megacross, Dutch Sports Park, Millville, Mitchell, Staples, etc...) that will pull in 400-800 on a good day!!

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I know the Wild West series has registration from 5:30-7:30am. Practice starts at 7am and the races start at 8am. That day they had to put many classes together, plus they had to raise the gates and let a class behind us go as soon as we made 1/3 lap. I was actually on the track with 4 classes. That made things very confusing as to where I had placed. At this track there are only 33 gates. They also let us sign up on Friday eve. too.

N

NdKxRacer

How do you get practice over in one hour? There must be 50 bikes on the track at once. We have practice for 1.5 hours and it still seems like there are too many bikes on the track.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
My mistake, I looked at the schedule and practice runs from 7am to 8:30 and the races started at 8:45.

In practice there are a ton of bikes on the track, you have to be real careful.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Here in Atlantic Canada we run 7 tracks for 13 events total. We run a spring and fall series to allow a break for those travelling to nationals, or that don't have time to compete in all events (that way they can still race for a championship). Attendance averages 200-250 riders, although has run as low as 130's.

We generally start registration early (7:30 am-8:30 am), riders meeting at 9:00 and practice till about 11:00. On a good day, all racing is complete by 5:30-6:00 pm.

Thanks for the post, as I have aften wondered about other areas.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Here in D23, MN, the hare scrambles and enduros generally attract from 200-300 riders. Our clubs two AMA sanctioned trailrides attract between 260-340. The MX races, especially the early season ones, have been as high as 900+ the last couple of years.

CrazyTed

Jul 26, 1999
It all depends on what part of VA the race is in. This past race was way out in the western part of the state and we had about 150 riders in the adult classes. I don't know how many in the kids classes. Usually we have between 175 and 250 racers.

Top Bottom