Whats your favorite Motocross movie..?

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
My cable just went out so I decided to watch one of my DVD's. As I browsed through my collection, I came upon a movie I hadn't watched in a while so I tossed it in the DVD player and sat back for a trip down memory lane. Anybody else out there remember "Winners Take All"? I was a kid when It first came out and its what got me interested in dirt bikes. Its a little dated now, but it brings back a flood of memories that I wouldn't trade anything in the world for.

Anybody else out there have a Motocross inspired movie that they would recommend or that maybe has some special meaning for them? Im always looking for something new to watch.

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure this post just happened a few days ago but I will reply anyway.

I got hammered last time being told it was stupid but my favorite from when I was a kid is "the dirt bike kid"

:cool:

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
spark250 said:

I got hammered last time being told it was stupid but my favorite from when I was a kid is "the dirt bike kid"

Crap...I didn't see it. I should have done a better search if thats the case. Sorry if its a repeat.

Anyway...I have been trying to find a decent copy of the "Dirt Bike Kid" for a couple of years. I remember seeing it as a kid, but only pieces. If Im not mistaken...the kid from "The Christmas Story" is the lead character. Was there any actual race moments in the flick? I seem to remember a flying YZ80 with Baja lights for eyes.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
xsnrg said:
not necessarily MX, but my favorite movie with dirt scooters might be "Dust to Glory" or "On Any Sunday". I'm wanting to go see 199Lives if it is in a theater near me.

I just looked these up on Google and I might just have to get me a couple copies. 1971 is a few years before I was born, but I would love to learn more about the history of bikes so "On Any Sunday" might be a good learning experience. The baja 1000 is just insane so "Dust to Glory" should be a fun flick to watch. :cool:

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
supercross. motocrossed sucked.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
BadgerMan said:
In addition to OAS and Dust to Glory, you might want to check out One Chance to Win.

http://www.onechancetowin.com/

Also, I know they are not MX related but these DVDs have excellent coverage (the best I have seen) of the World Enduro Championship series and the ISDE. There are three two disc sets that I know of (2004, 2005, and 2006). I found two of them in the bargain bin at Walmart…..$5.00 ea!

http://www.amazon.com/DVD-Off-road-Championships-Review-International/dp/B000O852Y2

Im gonna have to dig out the credit card and get a few new DVD's. Thanks for the tip. :laugh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Not dirt but sand, The Fastest Indian was pretty good.

Oops.....forgot that one. That is an EXCELLENT movie!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Legacy is one of my favorites. It's a great look at the early days of MX.

http://www.grindtv.com/video/moto/Legacy_of_Motocross/

51NQ0%2BEq-tL._SS500_.jpg

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Not dirt but sand, The Fastest Indian was pretty good.

alot of salt in there too. probably my all-time favorite motorcycle movie.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That guy was forging his own high compression pistons. The way they portrayed him was brilliant, unschooled, but he just knew how to make it faster. 200 mph face brakes! And it was the Worlds Fastest Indian. Dust To Glory was better, I would like to ride with McCoy.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
spark250 said:

i used to watch that movie as a kid. me and my cousin ride together and we have been talking about watching it again for so long. anybody remember the name of that disney movie that the sister took over for the brother because he was injured?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Dust To Glory was better, I would like to ride with McCoy.
While everyone (including me) thinks Mouse McCoy is pretty much a super stud for his achievement at Baja, I get the feeling that Mouse McCoy shares that opinion. I've never enjoyed riding with people who are really full of themselves.

and I enjoyed the Motocrossed movie too.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Aside from the obvious documentary type films like RR posted (must have). I'm a fan of full length fiction movies that mean nada in general. I have, and like, Little Fauss and Big Halsy.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Uchytil said:
I have, and like, Little Fauss and Big Halsy.

Very cool.....I gotta see that again! It's been forever since I last saw that movie.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
How about the desert racer who got sent back in time.

Time Rider!

:nod:

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
The Bill Bitunjac home movie. 2 hours of Vintage tape from K&R and Redbud 1973 with Pink Floyd as the background music, Mark Barnett on his XR75, DeCoster on the #111 Factory Suzuki Trans Am 1974,Trans Am Washington, In 1972 ,plus all of us early Dist 15 racers.

Top Bottom