Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
My buddy's 2001 220R is a bit more "used" than mine. The other day we were cleaning up and we noticed that you can shake his rear wheel. If you stand to the side of the bike, grab the front and rear of the rear tire, you can pull your left hand, and push your right about ... 1/8 of an inch, I'd guess. Mine doesn't do it, so I assume it's not normal.

It seems to me that bearings are about all it could be, but I don't have a manual yet (grr) and am not Super-Wrench. Whatcha guys think?

Thanks!

:flame:

Dawg

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Sounds like a good guess to me. I'd also check to ensure that the axle is properly torqued and isn't loose allowing the wheel to move as well as the condition of the swing arm and linkage bearing ( make sure its the wheel not the swing arm that is moving).

If you need bearing any bearing supplier should be able to match them up which normally saves you money over dealer parts.

David

louis

Sep 2, 2002
Just replaced wheel bearings on two kdxs this week. You will do much better with shielded bearings instead sealed units. I reused the seals. Use a little heat when removing & installing. Knock the old out with a 1/2" rod or something similiar. Install with a socket just slightly smaller than the OD of the outer race. If its ben ridden hard & put away wet I'd look at the rest of the bearings in the rear suspension. Good luck. Ask questions.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom