Wheel Bearings

poobag

Jul 10, 2002
Ive just bought a new 03 YZ250F, and, i know this might sound like a dumb question, but how do i get the wheel bearings out of the wheels to grease them without having to use the special tool that the manual says to use. I need to know this quickly cause my ass is getting sore and im not the patient type to be sitting around waiting to go riding. Thankyou.

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that those should be sealed bearings and you should not need to grease them regularly.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
After taking out the retaining rings on the outside, I use an old socket extension to tap out the bearings. You can use a small thin screwdriver to take the seal out of the bearings.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Bearings are not serviceable. Once they are removed they have to be replaced. You should be able to go a couple of years on rear bearings and three or four on the fronts. If you want instructions on removing or installing bearings check out www.bossbearing.com

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
If they are sealed bearings, you can carefully pry the seals off the outside of the bearing and put grease in, then put the seal back on, all without removing the bearing from the hub. I've done this several times on my 99 cr250 and they have lasted quite a long time.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
darringer is correct as is SPD. You can pop off the seals and regrease the bearings.

Peer Lovell, Come ride with me and see if you get "a couple of years" from a set of bearings. Bearing life is depends a lot on the conditions you ride in. :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…