rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Ruff Rider said:
I agree with you - and i think both fmf and fox is encouraging it. I think that most people who wear fmf or fox clothing dont even know what either brand does or make. "It's the California look."

FYI regarding JPs comment, he's trying to remove stereotypes from society

Doesnt fmf make stuff for small airplanes?? :nener:

So a company wants too make a buck, go figure...

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
mx547 said:
you guys are soooooo yuppie. i don't even know what an x5 is.

I'm with you on that one too! I have driven all kinds of cars (I was a shop manager over tires/oil couple of years ago) and never seen one of those thingys. I know what a lot of cars are by looking at them, what oil filter and how much oil they take. You got me on whatever kinda car you guys are talking about.

The only thing I ever drove that I didn't know was an Avanti. I just remember the guy saying, "The manager is the ONLY one to touch my fifty-thousand dollar car." "I just paid it off and I don't want it scratched. ALSO, park my fifty thousand dollar care EXACTLY where I parked it!" :bang: That guy checked everything before he left the parking lot. ugh..

Anyway, I'm going to do a search on one of those cars.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Ahh they are BMW models...don't recognize it with just the number and letter. Oh yeah the X5 is the SUV, never had one of those in either. I think because we didn't carry the filter for either one.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Even among the vintage crowds I run with, you have your differences between riders and equipment. Some have $60,000 RVs set up with generators and SPOTLESS museum quality Maicos and stuff.

I try to park my 160,000 miles old minivan and stripped down enduro somewhere on the other end of the pits, but hey Im not complaining! I have as much fun as the next guy regardless!

I think the changing crowds and participants are just a sign of the sport's growth.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
MXGirl230 said:
Ahh they are BMW models...don't recognize it with just the number and letter. Oh yeah the X5 is the SUV

oh, a "i bought it because i could" vehicle.

tkavan01

Aug 29, 2005
2stroke said:
I try to park my 160,000 miles old minivan and stripped down enduro somewhere on the other end of the pits, but hey Im not complaining! I have as much fun as the next guy regardless!

when i was a teenager my dad brother and i would pile into his 1990 dodge carvan with 160k to go riding, the thing had tons of space and did the job perfectly... of course every time we took it into service the guys that worked there would be amazed it was still on the road...

there's nothing wrong with towing a brand new gas gas fse 450 behind a year old bmw... :p i work very hard, and for alot of hours...

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
When I think about it, I've come a long way since I welded up some bumper racks to haul my 1975 CR 125 to the track, with a 4 cyl. Chevy Vega, no less!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Not a thing wrong with it if you ask me. I think it also has a lot to do with the average buyer. The same guy bought a bike when he was younger and could not afford a nice ride and a new bike. Now he is a bit older and can have both. Great I say. As for me. My truck and my current ride seem to put a smile on my face so I can't complain.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
There's a local guy that drives a $400K motorhome to the track and has his wife follow him in an Audi TT coupe or a new Mercedes E class.

He doesn't race, but his kid has a trio of KTM 50's. :ride:

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
JuliusPleaser said:
My E36 M3 is a 5-speed...

I've got an E36 M3 aswell, but mine is the 6 speed version. It's 321bhp standard, do they have less power in the states? Useless info soz! Im not a yuppy though, I dont use it to transport my bike! :blah: :blah: :blah:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
MXGirl230 said:
The only thing I ever drove that I didn't know was an Avanti.
I didn't do a search, but what I know about the Avanti is this...it is HANDBUILT from top to bottom. I think cycle rate (build time) is about two-four weeks per vehicle.
Built in the old Studebaker plant in Indiana, and by workers that average 72 years old.
Probably one of the most unique cars in existance.
I would doubt 50k would touch one these days though.

Hmmmm wonder how of those fancy high-doller BMW's would compare to the price of a F350 King Ranch with all the goodies?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Jaybird said:
I didn't do a search, but what I know about the Avanti is this...it is HANDBUILT from top to bottom. Hmmmm wonder how of those fancy high-doller BMW's would compare to the price of a F350 King Ranch with all the goodies?

Ahhh...I did a small search on them and his was older. A lot more boxy. I thought it was one of the most ugliest things I have ever seen anyone drive. It was also a convertable. Most of their website is under construction. One of those 75yr olds must be slowly working on it.

The King Ranch those are NICE. The old farmer that owned one of those requested that only I touch his truck. He said it was the first new truck he has ever owned. Guess he decided to go all out.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
JuliusPleaser said:
He doesn't race, but his kid has a trio of KTM 50's. :ride:

At one of the fair races a few years ago a family showed up in their Cadillac truck towing one of the race package enclosed trailers with 4 bikes in it. There were two kids they each had two bikes. They rode one in practice and the other was the "race" bike. They also changed gear after practice and each moto. I remember the mom complaining because her white shorts were dirty.

The dad was mad because neither kid did very well at all. He was going on and on about spending all this money and how bad they were making him look in front of HIS friends. :coocoo:

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
when bought my 03 bike, and loaded it on to the trailer that i was pulling behind my $750 1996 Chevy corsica. I tripled the value of my vehicle. Do I qualify as a yuppie?

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
brit yz125 said:
I've got an E36 M3 aswell, but mine is the 6 speed version. It's 321bhp standard, do they have less power in the states? Useless info soz! Im not a yuppy though, I dont use it to transport my bike! :blah: :blah: :blah:
We poor Americans are only allowed 236 bhp in the E36 M3. We didn't get the 321 bhp engine or the 6-speed until the E46 arrived. I've driven the new M3 with the 6-speed, and it's a most impressive automobile.

I can't imagine how much better my car would be with the Euro engine/trans.

Mine is a 3.2 OBDII with the 5-speed, and I have a Da'Lan receiver hitch.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
cnielse5 said:
when bought my 03 bike, and loaded it on to the trailer that i was pulling behind my $750 1996 Chevy corsica. I tripled the value of my vehicle. Do I qualify as a yuppie?
:)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
cnielse5 said:

Most defnitely :nener:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
cnielse5 said:

Hell yeah :laugh:

JP, share some pics, im tryin too talk my sis-in-law into a 740-750, maybe she will let me tow?? :nod:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
FruDaddy said:
Would the bikes in that 400k mobile home have a big 2 on each number plate?
Don't remember, but they were local to the Birmingham area.

Top Bottom