Liteone-74

Oct 30, 2006
i have a 2000 CR250, race and ride in the desert. the first part of the travel is really harsh. Lowered the oil, no help. ?if the springs a sacked would it let the forks ride too low, causing the forks to be in the next stage of dampening. can I shim the springs to push the tubes down, and if so how thick should they be?? any help would be great I'm kinda lost on this, other bikes ride a lot plusher.

chrismxer

Aug 17, 2005
Yes it's possible the springs could have sacked out. But do you have the right springs for your weight? Are your tubes properly alligned? Good bushings? Have they alway's felt like this?

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
You should have no more than 90mm of race sag on the front I think.

IIRC the compression springs (not the main springs) are quite stiff on the 00 and it benifits greatly from swapping them out. They had already been swaped out by the previous owner on my 01 CR and he said they made a huge difference (he's a very close friend and very experenced A class guy - reliable source).

Also be sure that the fork oil is fresh, it does need changing every season or so at least and blead the air from the forks often, esp just before a ride and whenever you have time during a ride. Then check that your compression and rebound clickers aren't at an extream.

good luck

Liteone-74

Oct 30, 2006
thanks

I don't know if the previous owner did any spring work. I am 185lbs. ready to ride. so I'm thinking that I am right on the border of new springs. i have all the clickers out to what the manual says is max. it just feels real sharp, or harsh on smaller bumps. i do appreciate all the help!!
thanks...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom