Wallis

Jan 19, 2001
I have a '01 220 and stripped one of the 4 screws on the carb while trying to dissassemble it last night. Does anyone know where to get these inexpensively? I don't want to go to the dealer because ever screw and bolt seems to cost $3 there.

On a side note, has anyone else had this problem? I seem to be stripping alot of screws on my KDX. :silly: I am not new to working on engines/mechanical equipment so this is really starting to irritate me.

Thanks for your help.

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
If you're talking about the float bowl screws I've done that before. I just went to the hardware store and found some allen head screws of the same size and thread type. They were actually a bit long so I ended up cutting them to length. They work way better than the phillips head screws that come stock on carbs cause they don't strip. If you have to cut them just make sure you gently file the edges after you make the cut. This will insure that they thread in nice and smooth.

kaw Bill

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
yep. STAINLESS bowl screws. Maybe a touch of never-seize. It's not like you'll ever be taking them out (thassa joke, son).

Get yourself a ball-tip allen wrench when you pick up the screws. That makes it a whole lot easier to reach the bowl screws.

Get a couple for the airbox and the intake boot, too!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom