junior224466

Jun 4, 2003
It sounds like the way to go when replacing the counter sprocket is to replace the circlip with a new one. Can this be bought at Lowes or Home Depot, or is do I have to order this through Kawi.

junior224466

Jun 4, 2003
Tim, Thanks for the reply. I called Home Depot and they didn't carry these type of pliers. Can you recommend a store that sells these?

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Any auto supply place has them. Don't go overboard. Cheap ones, for a couple of bucks work as well as expensive ones.
You can do the same thing without pliers, use two nails. Works best with two people.

FLBusa

May 29, 2003
Peer Lovell said:
Any auto supply place has them. Don't go overboard. Cheap ones, for a couple of bucks work as well as expensive ones.
You can do the same thing without pliers, use two nails. Works best with two people.

Not finger nails! :eek:

junior224466

Jun 4, 2003
Picked up a set of pliers from Checkers. Had some problems. The interchangable tips kept getting loose when applying pressure. I then picked a pair from Harbor Freight. These are really nice. The entire top portion of the pliers are interchangable, not just the tip. The do both inner and outer circlips and they will be going on on sale for $2.99 . Such a deal.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3316

junior224466

Jun 4, 2003
The circlip came off fairly easy, but what a pain to get that thing back on. Took a few tries but I finally got it on. Anybody have any tips on making it easier to get those things back on.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom