xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
Well I will be switching from hauling my bikes in a truck to bringing them along with an SUV, but have one over-arching question: where's the fuel go?? Does everyone with a Joe Hauler throw their extra fuel in the back seat? There's got to be some decent alternative.

Confused!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I don't think that I'd carry fuel inside very long. Aside form the obvious fume and fire danger, you ARE going to spill some on the seat, before too long...yuck. How about welding a platform ect... to the back of the hauler so you can strap the can to it?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Mr.Sloth85 said:
Enless you have a crappy gas tank, its not gonna spill. Its an suv. Just through it in the back till you rig something up.

Just about any of the ones you buy at Wal###rt ect leak out of the top . Or if you fill it up and dribble a little on the side?

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
Even aside from any potential leak problems you might face, it's just plain unsafe to keep fuel inside of your car like that. Storing fuel inside creates the potential of turning a fender bender into a flaming fatality wreck. Not to mention the fumes...

Thanks Predator for pointing out that some of the external carriers have gas can add-ons. I hadn't noticed the add-ons at first, but double checked after reading your post and found that both JoeHauler and VersaHaul have them available.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I carry gas cans inside my SUV occasionally, when I get really lazy and decide not to strap them down on the top.

I don't care how good the cans are or how tight you get the caps they will vent gas fumes into the car. It stinks. Its really annoying, especially to any back seat passengers.

How are you transporting the bike? If you have a trailer then strap the cans down on the trailer. There should be plenty of room between the bikes.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom