Where To Ride Weekend of Thunder Valley MX

yzrulz

Dec 3, 2003
My buddy and I are bringing our bikes with us to the National and were wondering where the good places to ride are within reasonable driving distance from the Denver area? We want to go riding all day Saturday and then going to the National on Sunday.

miko

Nov 26, 2003
yzrulz said:
My buddy and I are bringing our bikes with us to the National and were wondering where the good places to ride are within reasonable driving distance from the Denver area? We want to go riding all day Saturday and then going to the National on Sunday.

40 minutes north of Denver off of I25 is Valley Dirt Riders:
http://www.vdrmx.com/index_orig.html
$14 on prep days and I think $13 or so to join.
The main track is what I would call a technical track. You are always turning or jumping.

Not too far is the two river track. I think they are only open on weekends so call ahead to make sure. This is family run although as a novice I find the track very entertaining.
http://www.tworiversracing.com/

That's really the only tracks I've ridden on. I went to Erie once but the main
track was over my head.

Here's a more complete list.
http://www.motoxschool.com/trackscolorado.htm

Have fun,

miko.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Erie is a faily difficult for just a weekend warrior. Two rivers is too hard to set up a time to ride since there is noise restrictions. There is Watkins that is $10 no membership, its mostly table topps and rythm sections. there is also the mountain riding, Slaughter house gulch, rampart range, ect... Registration is $15.50 and you can get that at any motorcycle dealership in town.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
If you're looking for closed-course riding, then Berthoud, Milliken (Two Rivers), and Watkins will be your best options. All require memberships, but Berthoud and Milliken will let you buy a day pass. Not sure if Watkins will do that, but it's going to be the next closest track to the Lakewood area.

I wouldn't recommend Erie to any visitor whom I wanted to leave Colorado with a good impression of our MX tracks. Berthoud is by far the best quality/prepped track that we have to offer in the Denver area. Lakewood, Watkins, and Milliken are all pretty comparable with one another from that perspective.

I definitely wouldn't want anyone to just see Lakewood and think that's the best MX riding we have in Colorado. It absolutely is not, IMHO.

If you're looking for trails, there are plenty of those too. The terrain is generally dry, loose, rocky, moderately forested, and usually provides significant elevation changes. Rampart Range will keep you busy for a couple of days, easily.

Bring a bag of jets with you. And if you need directions to the MX tracks, just holler..

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Hey Pace I have a feeling the track this week are going to prepping and watering. I wouldn't be surprised if you see some pro's at the tracks on Weds thru fri.

Erik

yzrulz

Dec 3, 2003
Thanks for all the replies. I'm pretty sure we'll be going to the berthoud track. Does anyone know if you can get free pit passes for the National at the local sponsoring dealers like you can for supercrosses?

Top Bottom