Feb 23, 2007
I'm looking at the WR250, CRFX250, and KLX300. This will be my first bike since I was 14. Price wise...sticker the KLX is the lease expensive. Here's my specs.

1) your physical size: 5'11 190lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you: Moderately aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- woods, fields with friends
4) Do you have any riding experience: yes
5) Do you think you will race: no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work: simple things only
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice: 4 stroke only
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry: all brands available
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike:4-6k
10) Do you live in California: nope, Texas
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
The KLX will be the mildest of the bunch, as well as the shortest. The engine was the highest tech out there until the onslaught of the other 250F's. I've seen a lot of guys with WR's that run forever, and they have good hop-up potential. And the CRF-X is a Honda, and Honda has the rep for being bulletproof, but I have literally no experience with their 250F.

If I had to choose, I'd pick the WR.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
your physically big enough to effectively ride any of those bikes, but youll likely have more fun on the WR or CRFX. the WR has a rep. for being bulletproof like Pred said, but the CRFX tranny like TrailDawg pointed out in a previous thread isnt the best out there for long life.

i would try to find a good used WR250F :nod: .

Feb 23, 2007
Wr

I think I'm going to get the WR, even the self proclaimed Honda guy at the dealership I went to last week said he gave a slight edge to the WR.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom