Which Aftermarket Clutch Plates? (RM250)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Ride an '03 RM250. I know in the last recent years that Suzuki's clutches have remained the same. And... they're the weak link. After a handful of rides I put in a Hinson basket (just like my son's 125). Suzuki's friction plates aren't much better. I have to de-glaze every couple rides...no matter what oil I use. Who's had good luck with aftermarket friction plates? And if so, what company? Someone told me KX250 plates would go right in...but I don't think so. thanks

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ive had 2 RMs and i abuuse the clutch, i use valvoline 10/40 and ive not had big issues.

for that reason, i would suggest the ProxX clutch plates from LASleeve- they are OEM, but not OEM price.

ive never hear of a good experience with any of the aftermarket stuff. but the kx plate swap is an interesting idea.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I know the KX plates slip right in for the 125 can't confirm the 250. FWIW after throwing a Barnett clutch kit into my son's 03 125 and a buddy of his running a DP clutch kit in his 03 I'll stick to OEM plates for our 05.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…