Which bike hauler is better?

Joncy

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2002
A friend of mine just bought his first motorcycle. He wants to buy one of those bike haulers that you place into the receiver for your trailer hitch. He is trying to decide between the Ultimate MX Hauler and the Moto Jack Rack. Your opinions of these two models would be greatly appreciated! (I will talk him into joining dirtrider soon so he can ask his own questions!)

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
I own a Moto-Tote and it works very well for me. I drove all the way to Durango CO. with my KDX on the rack and loved it.
If I go to the track by myself I just load my weapon of choice and drive faster than pulling the trailer. I considered the MotoJack, but felt safer with the tray approach, and saved roughly a hundred bucks.

Desertpro

Mar 10, 2004
Joncy,

I have the MotoJack for the last 6 years and it has served me fine. I have to travel some rocky roads to get to the track, and it has been flawless. It loads easy and I forget that it's back there. IMO it is the best to get.

DP

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
MJR for me! Pick a reason below or use tham all. I even kept it when I bought a truck ("pickup" in Pred talk) and use it when I'm too lazy to load everything in the back of the truck. Great for a work stand (at least when your work is on the left side of the bike) in the field. Takes up less space than most others. If the bike comes off the MJR you have lost a foot peg or torn it from the frame! The bike is carried in a much higher position so breakover (i.e. dragging) isn't an issue.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I felt quite the opposite with the tray type. I have one and I am more nervous since it moves around quite a bit. I'll be switching to either the MotoJack Rack or the Ultimate MX Hauler. They look to be about the same, cost is similar but MJR includes shipping. Hard not to choose the original designer especially when the landed cost is less.

bebo

Oct 21, 2003
Is there a hauler that mounts to the front of your truck
so you can pull a tent trailer or something from the back?

Thanks, Bebo

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I've seen Patman's rack and it's a nice one. :)

SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
All,

I have the MJR as well and love it...I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a hitch mounted bike hauler.

Bebo - Theoritically you could do that if you had a grill guard with a hitch mount on the front of your truck. Believe it or not they actually make other accessories (like a grill and a toilet) to go in the front hitch mount so putting an MJR (or equivalent) there shouldn't be a problem. However, other issues might come up with stability of the bike on the MJR when mounted in front since you don't have the body of the vehicle blocking the air flow...

Chris

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…