matthunter

Feb 10, 2002
hey guys, i found a cr80 and a yz80. The yz80 has a 100cc kit in it right now the yz is a 2001 and the cr is a 2000. they are both $2,000. i have a ttr-125L right now but i just want somthin diffrent like a 2 stroke. i ride trails and mx alot. i want somthin with a good suspension and somthin i can race. if you can tell me which one is a better buy for what i use them for. thanks, Matt

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
the yz!!!

really, im not raggin on anyone, but stock, the yz motor is more powerful. i dont know from experience, but my friends who race tell me this. thats the reason im trying to get a yz125 instead of a cr. i also considered kx but they said the yz would win in a straight drag race, but NOTHING handles like a kx. i am a power freak.

anyway, the yz is newer, has LOTS more power, (100 kit) and.... yeah, thats it. ;)

hope i helped

-Rob

p.s. did your ttr do good in the water? with the holes in the airbox anyway.

matthunter

Feb 10, 2002
yea my ttr did fine in water i have the whole top of the airbox cut out and i still take it in water just not to deep and it does great

matthunter

Feb 10, 2002
no u dont need new jettings.....enless u live where its always really hot....but i live in ohio and out temperature stays fairly good not any higher then 85-90 in the summer and my bike still does really good so i didnt need new jets.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
well its a good idea to anyway, but right now its 98 or so, and i still havent rejetted. i need to, tho, cuz i have to stop riding every 20 minutes or so and sprinkle the head w/water until it cools down. if i dont the engine is about as powerful as my sister's 90. :eek: p.s. i know this is off the topic but will sprinkling water on the head/crankase/headpipe screw anything up?

matthunter

Feb 10, 2002
well, i dont know about the sprinkler thing.....but i dont think anything will happen becuz if u ever say enduro riders they ride in hot weather then cross a big crick and in the previous ages i havnt heard of water screwing up anything all it does is cool your bike down pretty quick which is what u want if ur in hot weather i think so i would just keep doing it if u like to ride when ur sweating like crazy (i dont like to)

Top Bottom