WHICH bike is good for me??? HELP BE GOOD!

Remy01

Sep 10, 2007
i have been looking to get a new bike and i think i want to get a 250 thumper. i have been looking at a 2003 yamaha yz250f and a 2004 honda crf250r. im not sure which is better or if these are even the right bike or me? also intersted in 250 2 stroke.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) I am 160cm tall and weigh about 43kg.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? i like to ride hard with friends and very competitive.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? with friends in fields, tracks, mx tracks and starting on ramps!
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes i have been riding for 6years on my bike but i can ride my mates cr250r quite well.
5) Do you think you will race ? dint think so.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yea i can fix my own bike a have a neighbor who's good as well.
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? all good HONDA IS FAVORITE but Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki all good too and maybe Ktm
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yea a few and all brands carried.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?no more then $5000 Australian dollars
10) Do you live in California? Nah
11) Your age? 14
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion. looking for a bike that i can keep for a long time even if it is a bit big at the moment.

all help would be great! thank you

jonnyboy527

May 7, 2007
i would def. suggest the yz250f over the crf250 as the 2004 crfs had problems especially valves but at 94 pounds a cr250r would be alot to handle. if you can afford it i would suggest the yz250f because of its reliability and still good performance.

Top Bottom