eurogp

May 10, 2006
Hello, Im trying to figure out what bike I should get. I was thinking about a 2 stroke 125 but now maybe I should look into a 2 stroke 250. Here is my info.

1) I am a 20 year old 6’ 0” and 155 lbs male.
2) Im pretty aggressive but I currently ride a warrior350 quad and my friends 2006 crf230 seems weak to me.
3) I plan to ride a little on the track, trails, woods, fields, and with friends. Pretty much just about everything.
4) I currently have a warrior 350 quad, I ride my friends crf230 now and when I was 12 I had a new xr80, and I also had an Aprilia rs50 street bike with an 80cc big bore kit.
5) I will not be racing.
6) I will be doing most of my own work if not all of my own work.
7) I prefer to have a 2 stroke and don’t want to spend over $1,600 on a bike right now.

Well I hope that covers all the info someone would need to help me decide what bike to get.

eurogp

May 10, 2006

never rode a 250 2 stroke, But im not really scared of the power I just worried about the nimblness of a 250, but I guess thats just something to get used to.

*KISSofDEATH*

Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 1, 2006
Ya I agree, you might want a 250 2-stroke, or maybe even a 250 4-stroke

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
250 2 stroke. Mine is old and still pretty nimble. It does suck pulling that heavy steel frame out of the mud now and then though.!haha

I'd also go for the 250 over the 125 because you can putt around on the 250 when you need to(great on the trails)...I've heard that this is not the case with a 125....I think a 250 4 stroke may also be a pretty cool bike...you're light enough

eurogp

May 10, 2006
kx250

Im goign to go check out a 94 kx250 tongith for a great price, does anyone know if they are a good bike? any common problems I should look out for?

thanks

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
eurogp said:
Im goign to go check out a 94 kx250 tongith for a great price, does anyone know if they are a good bike? any common problems I should look out for?

thanks

My buddy rides one on the trails with us. Good bike. :cool:

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
eurogp said:
Im looking more for a mx bike not trail bike.

Have you ridden a KDX200? I've been riding for about 30 years and have owned many bikes, includine a YZ250WR and my current KDX200 and KX125. I ride everything from woods to desert to track to putt-putt play biking and out of all the bikes I've owned, if I could have 1, it would be the KDX200. The KDX handles waaaayyyy better than the YZ/WR did (Google on "yamahop"), and has very controllable, very linear power that's still exciting enough (with the addition of an FMF Desert pipe and Pro reeds). Compared to my KX, the KDX will pull harder and quicker out of corners (see "woods"). It's way less tiring to ride (I've raced 2 hr desert-type hare scrambles on it), has a decent gas tank (70 miles under realistic riding), and is absolutely dead reliable (I rebuild my KX every 25-30 hrs. The KDX every other YEAR). Put Gold Valves in the suspension, XR400 springs up front and it's plenty good enough. I ride mine on the same MX track I ride the KX and, no, it's not as good, but it's good enough for as often as I ride MX (which I do not to be a competitive racer, but just to work on riding skills) and the KDX smokes the KX in the woods and desert. In 6 years, I have never fouled a plug on the KDX.

If I didn't get the KDX, my next choice would be a KTM200 of some flavor or another. Actually, that might be my first choice, if I didn't already have the KDX sitting in the garage.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
I think he's pretty mind set on an MXer. If your anything like me, I'd still suggest a 250. My friend has a kdx200 and although it's a great trail bike, thats all it is. A 125 on trails is a nightmare but a 250 has plenty of low end so that your not constantly stalling. Plus when your ready to fly, you've got the power in the flick of your wrist.
Point of this is that My buddy is trying to sell his kdx to buy a 250 because it's a more all around type of bike. Instead of a 125 MXer or a 200 trail bike, you get best of both worlds.

eurogp

May 10, 2006
Got a kx250

Thanks for the help, I ended up getting a 94 kx250 in great shape for only $1,000. It needs nothing currently. The suspension is in great shape, no leaking and no play in the rear swing arm. All the spokes are tight, both wheel bearings are tight and not loose at all. Starts first or second kick when cold. Overall its a great bike and the plastics are in great shape also. I took it out riding yesterday and it was great for trails. Thanks for all the input!

bryaN16

Jun 3, 2006
you shpuld just go out and buy a 220 or 200 because the bikes barley ever need any maintaince and are still nice enough to ride on a track.and if the bike isnt powerfull enough for you buy an fmf pip and the difference is like day and night

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
No offense to KDX owners, but the bikes are still dogs in the suspension and engine department compared to race bikes. I've ridden a few KDXs and while they're fun trail bikes, the suspension and power of race bikes is uncomparable.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom