tnapp

Apr 7, 2009
1) your physical size 5 foot 2 inches, 100 pounds
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Quite aggresive i guess, will get more aggresive as i progress.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Ride with friends, then maybe racing
4) Do you have any riding experience? Years on a quad, little dirtbike riding time.
5) Do you think you will race ? possibly
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I can work on it myself.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 4 sttroke, 2 stroke is much to loud for where i live.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Not sure.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? $1000-1200
10) Do you live in California? No
11) Your age? 14
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion I dont mind buying used, and money is tough for me to get so please no high ballers. I dont mind purchasing from eBay motors or Craigslist.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Two strokes are not necessarily louder than a four stroke, it all depends on the silencer installed. Getting a decent four stroke in your price range will be difficult.

If you want a four stroke then something like a Yamaha TTR-225 would be good for you right now. It is a great beginner bike and the lower seat height would suit you right now. When you grow a bit and learn to ride you will probably want something better but a bike that will fit you in two years will be too much for you now.

Rod

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
you might consider on of the 125 fourstrokes: ttr125, drz125, klx125...there are tons of them out there at $1,000....they would make a decent bike for you to learn on, since you said you have little time on a dirtbike...it should last you a while, until you feel you are ready for something a little bigger, and you can usually buy it for 1K and sell it a year later for 1K.....something to think about

tnapp

Apr 7, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys.
Rod- all though i have rode a TT-R 225, i would like something a bit smaller and easier to ride through trails.
06KX100- Thats pretty much the trail i want to try following. I sat on my friends 125's and they felt very comfortable to me.

Top Bottom