duke

Oct 9, 1999
Realizing that a few good pointers gained by watching a DVD training tape is in order, I was wondering if there is that much difference in what is offered by the two more well known instructor series, Gary Semics and Gary Bailey? I assume the over all production quality of each is about the same, but do they offer contradictory training/riding principles, and if so do any of you find one approach better then the other? I am focusing on the basics here, not how to whip it over a set of triples

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I have the first four Gary Semics tapes and they are pretty good. He's not the most exciting person to listen to but does a good job of explaining different techniques and shows some good drills that should make anyone a better rider if they practice. He worked with Jeremy McGrath for several years and I figured he must know something if MC valued his opinion.

Although I have never seen them I am sure that Gary Bailey's are also good. They don't call him "The Professor" for nothing.

Now that I'm thinking about it where are those tapes, I need a refresher!

carlbielke

Jul 4, 2002
I have to recommend "Skills" with Ryan Hughes, I found it on the Transworld Motocross website and I believe it's a lot more up to date than Gary Semics.
Ryan Hughes actually does a great job teaching, who would have thought?
Another video I bought was Jeremy McGrath's "Techniques of a champion" but I'm sorry to say that it's almost a waste of money, no real insider info here, just very basic stuff.

There's a new site online called motocrossguru.com, I would like to join but don't have paypal, that might be an even better learning tool than the DVD's, I'd definitely investigate that one.
Just my 2 cents, Carl

BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
I highly recommend the Gary Semics tapes. But I would also get his MX training manual because it has good pics on how to corner, jump, etc and/or a similar book on MX technique by Gary Semics & Donny Bales. I even emailed him with some questions on technique and he responded. He also offers a free 4 day MX course.

www.gsmxs.com

BPJNT :nod:

Top Bottom