Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Must be! We had 3 1/2 inches of rain and more predicted for this weekend.

Its time for the enduro! :think

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Hmmm...it's shaping up to be like last year, eh? Be prepared for mud, and lots of it. In 1999 and 2000, the course began at the club grounds just west of White City and covered 7-8 miles of the established trails that are used for hare scrambles. From there we traveled down some roads to various woods sections that appeared to be used only once a year, for this event. That's where the trails get harder to follow, as the club likes to make course navigation part of the challenge. Expect some very tight woods and probably 60-70 actual ground miles. The club grounds have some surprisingly steep hills for this part of the Midwest, and you'll ride that section twice, probably.

With the rains over the last few days, the course will be muddy. Hopefully the club will take out some of the endless creek crossings that got nasty last year. They had a downpour of something like 6 inches during the week before the race, so they couldn't really prepare for that. But this year the rains have been steady for awhile now...maybe enough time to sort out the worst of the mud holes.

I will be there in either a red Sonoma truck or a silver Dodge Ram...just look for the KTM with the most duct tape and zip ties.

Anyone out there have a route sheet yet?

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Just spoke with Brian Neihaus that is putting the enduro on and of course he said it is looking good. Said that the trail should be good as long as the weather holds up. Brian said that if the weather turns nasty then they will go around almost all of the creek crossings;) .

Some good news is that they have gotten alot more land for the enduro. He said that they were able to add about 3 or 4 miles to each section and have some new land to ride on. Sounds like there won't be much rode to ride on this year:cool: .

They don't have any route sheets because with all the new trail, they aren't going to mile it till Friday, plus this way they can have a better idea of what the weather is going to do.

Sounds like fun, I'll be there in a white Chevy cargo van with a KTM 200.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
FlyinRyan,

You have fun down there and good luck. I'm off to the enduro in Madison WI and Phil is going to the hare scrambles in Iowa.

Hopefully all will be good events. :)

ExC Rocket

Aug 21, 2001
license plate

I just contacted the guy on the other link to ask about the enduro. He said we need a license plate for the event. Is this true? I have talked to several people and no one has said that. Can we confirm the start time? Any other information about the invent would be greatly appreciated.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
The license plate is because the course uses public roads. Now, we all know that hardly any states will license dirt bikes for street use. Some people have been known to grab a plate from a street bike and strap it on, but you didn't hear that from me. I don't know if they will let you start without a plate; some clubs will let you ride on the roads at your own risk, some don't.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I think this is a ride at your own risk event. I have been to this event for many years and never had them check for a plate. Best bet is to call the club and make sure. Try calling 800-373-6565and asking for Brian, I think he is working tomorrow.

Key Time is 10:00am and I think sign-up sarts around 7:00-7:30.

Top Bottom