Tuff

Aug 17, 2004
I was wondering.... somebody told me that two strokes smoke alot, but i just can't believe that. I know there is something wrong, but i want somebody to clarify with me. Does anybody know what bluish white smoke means coming out of the tail pipe? Thanks!!!

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
Sounds Normal

Bluish white smoke means your combusting some oil... Perfectly normal in a two-stroke, not quite so reassuring in a 4-stroke...

If you want to see some SERIOUS two stroke smoke, fly nitro fueled Radio Controlled helicopters... You run those motors rich to help cooling and sometimes you lose the Heli in the smoke while hovering :)

Now, if you were to be riding a two-stroke dirtbike that was obscuring you in white smoke, I would call that excessive as well :)

Have a good one!

cr2504life

May 17, 2004
you could have a bad right crankseal. You should try running automatic tranny fluid in your bike. When that stuff burns it really smokes and stinks. Just do a search to see what type of ATF to run i can't remember. But 2 smokes always smoke some.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Bluish smoke seems normal, white smoke doesn't, I'm guessing you have a good deal of spooge on the S/A?

What brand premix are you using? Bel-Ray H1R and Maxima K2 smoked quite a bit in my bike, so I tried using Mobil MX2T, and the smoking decreased dramatically.

Top Bottom