TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by motohead00
Now if ( :worship: ) someone could help a misplaced Texas boy (me) and bring some chorizo for some chorizo & egg burritos in the mornings, man I would be in heaven!

Consider yourself hooked up. I'll bring some! :)

Oct 10, 2000
CAl and his dad, Jaybird, Hogwylde, and the rest of the Indiana/KY gang :) I also wouldn't mind doing a lap or two with MotoMetal as I hear he is fast on the MX track, IrishEKU wish you were going :( And Timr we'll do some woods riding and I can't wait to ride with everyone else!!!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by wheelie4strokeB
IrishEKU wish you were going :(

It's O-K Wheelie, the new job at the Kawie Dealer kinda makes up for not being there. ;) I got to do a check ride on the new 1200! And I thought the KX 500 had "Juice" :scream: At any rate CAL and I have been trying for months to get togeather at LBL :( We missed each other by 45 min. the last time. Maybe we can all get togeathe down there in November for a KY/IA Chapter ride.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Anyone and everyone that will be there! :yeehaw:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by motohead00
Your the man Twinnie... I'll be looking for ya!

Finding the good stuff will be a breeze. I drive through the appropriate ethnic district every day and there are plenty of shops to choose from. How much should I get?

The only thing lacking is some good Pico. I don't have time to make it myself but I'll see if I can find some that is suitable. :yeehaw:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Hey, For you guys who are going to this even for the first time. Try telling your coworkers (who don't understand why you ride anyway) that you're going to drive X number of hours to camp in a field and ride dirtbikes with a bunch of people that you've only met through the internet! They will just stop and stare at you like you're really crazy. The first year that I went, I only knew one other person and that was Lemming, the guy I was riding with. Some guys, like Smitty, rode to the event with guys that they didn't even know. Of course, last year, I knew lots of people and it really was a reunion.

My list of people is too long to list. I'm sad that Woodsrider, Offroadr, and the other north east guys aren't going to make it :(

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Twinspar,

I don't need much, just so I could get a couple of burritos. I have had this craving for them for the last two weeks and I can't find any here in Lafayette.

As for Pico, well I can do without really, but I do have some that my sis-in-law sent that is pretty good and plenty hot!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I too look forward to riding with everyone I possibly can. I have met and/or ridden with somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 DRN'rs. Thats living in OK and meeting a lot of the OK, TX, LA, AZ gang. Living in CA and meeting a lot of the left coasters CA, OR, UT etc. Living in MO and meeting a gaggle of folks from MO, ILL, KY, IN & KS. Two Dirtweeks, two Reno rides, 4-5 SX races hmmm that about covers that :)

I am 'guessing' that about 50 or so of the DW attendees will be totally new to me with another 20 or that I just don't remember too well.

Can't wait to see everyone again or for the first time.

Timr - When Smitty pulled his truck into my driveway to pick me up for DW '00 it was the first time we had ever met. Dude made me laugh all the way to Casey :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've got a lot of targets, uh, I mean I've got along list of DRNers I want to meet and ride with. That list is posted on the Registration Spode list that gets updated daily.:D

You have no idea of how excited I am to drive 20 hours, with Thumbs and Scar, to ride for a friggin wek straight! People that don't ride have no idea about how it is to get together with 100's of folks that love to do the same thing. I've got some special gifts (seriously) for a chosen few, I wish I could afford more so if you don't get one, please understand. I'll offer my humor on and off the track for the rest. These next 35 days will fly by so get packin, times a comin!:yeehaw::flame:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
motohead00, I see twinnie has it covered. Shoot me a note if there is anything else.

Timr, forget the coworkers, my wife knows how easy it is to make friends when bikes are involved but she still looks at me funny and asks every other day or so if I'm still going alone. My response is of course, no way, there's gonna be a hundred of my buds there.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I was really looking forward to riding with AJ, again. :( This time I was going to put him on an XR50 since those TTR125s are too fast.

I didn't get to ride last year since I was recovering, but I really wanted to ride with MX547. I was really looking forward to that, hbut he went and broke hisself! :(

I've also really been looking forward to riding with Ol89'r before he turns 90, but it looks like that won't happen. :(

I was looking forward to riding with TwinkleSpank, but I hear Elk plans on taking him out. :(

I really had fun riding with Smitty 2 years ago since we were the same speed, but I hear he's gotten fast. :(

Oh well, that only leaves a hundred or so people that I'm looking forward to riding with the I WILL GET TO RIDE WITH!!!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Is Shane MX221 going to be there? I wann see another "Goon" riding demonstration (other than my own).

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Looking forward to riding w/all of my local buds that will be attending, and seeing/riding w/TTRGuy and GSR, CAL and his gang of bandit woods riders are a hoot as well. Mr.Swift and Thump, we will get Lou and other blue thumper riders and have our own little 426 parade..hehe
I don't post often but recognize many characters from this site, looking forward to seeing this circus in person.
Getting to do the preview ride at Cooperland back in July really makes me excited to get back there, for those that haven't been to this place..it is amazing! See ya in October!
Jason "9.5 toes" Stevens

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
What's this about Cheerio and Egg Burritos? Sounds good to me as long as I have my hot sause.

Justql, I look forward to more woods riding with you guys this year. Are there any fun hills to climb? What's the dirt like? Is Lorin hurt or is he still mobile?

Fruitty bacon...that's funny....real funny! :worship:

Last edited:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
TTRGuy: "When Smitty pulled his truck into my driveway to pick me up for DW '00 it was the first time we had ever met. Dude made me laugh all the way to Casey"

Actually it was about two hours after that when you got off the phone! ;) Plus Eddie slept through the fog blanketed highway at 2AM with a dang near parked semi poppin' up in front of me! :scream:

And who couldn't establish a bond when you pull into the inaugral DW absolutely 1st, right as the sun pops up and you jump in your tent for an hour of restless sleep before the Train engineer fell asleep on the horn.

HLG: "I really had fun riding with Smitty 2 years ago since we were the same speed, but I hear he's gotten fast."

Don't worry I've got a '84 XL125S with a dirty carb that could even the stakes a little!!

BTW the funniest all time pose I've ever seen was Gomer "reaming" out Wardy's MX class on the line. I think the funniest part was the size of his head! :p

Also can't wait to trade Big Lebowski quotes with Milk. "Do you see what you get Larry?!?!"

Whew, I'm starting to get all pumped up. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Timr
Is Shane MX221 going to be there? I wann see another "Goon" riding demonstration (other than my own).

Tim, last I hear Shane will be there. We need to have a goon race with he and Gomer on the mini track. That would be one for the DW archives :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by Smitty
"Do you see what you get Larry?!?!"

"This is what you get Larry, when you *&^* a stranger in the &^%!"

Me either.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm looking forward to everything; but I wish they hadn't rescheduled the Red River Enduro for the same weekend as Dirt Week. I may have to make a flying trip from Stillwater to Muenster Saturday evening.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Like OKKXER said motometal, there isn't much elevation change at Cooperland. :( But the trails are sooooo much better it makes up for it. Great dirt. You'll love the mx track though.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Is Lorin hurt or is he still mobile? Nope, as of right now I am still healthy, unless that is that a cold I feel coming on??? I will be there all week along with the rest of the spodely crew.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I look forward to meeting so many people. I wanna ride on the MX track but hope I don't get run over. I've never been on a MX track before unless you count the one race I did on a Kaw KD 125 in 1976 before the jumping craze - it was more like a grass track. Jeff Allen seems to think I'll do fine but I'm nervous. But I wanna ride every day! I wanna meet Okie - he's my hero :worship: because of him I know so many cool people to ride and socialize with. He's indirectly changed my life for the better with DRN.
(Dont' worry Napper - you're my hero too!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom