Who knows about early 90's Huskies?

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I'm jonesing really bad for a bike, and I'm trying to find an inexpensive (read under $1.5k) bike to ride a bit. I found a '91 Husqvarna CR250 for $1300. It sounds too low, but then again I've read here that they don't hold their value well.

Can anyone tell me anything about this bike? It'll be for trail riding in CA (and of course the Reno ride in February!!!). It's not to be permanent, just for a few months to have some fun on. It's either this, or some cheap RM or KX. I just can't swing anything more.

Also, if anyone has a line on something that might fit my needs, gimme a hollar. I'm open to suggestions. I just don't want to show up in Reno and have to mooch a ride. I'd have a conniption if I broke someone's bike.

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
I'de say go for it. You really can't go on resale value with Huskies. You might just want to keep it:D

Alooooooha!:)
TrailTramp
98'87'73'Husky

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I believe the CR version is the motocross version. It may not be what you are looking for in a trail bike. Husky's motocross bikes tend to have a close ratio transmission.

Chris

PTCruiser

Aug 25, 2000
Call George Earl at Up-Tite Husky in Santa Ana. He's been a Husly dlr since the early 70's and would probably give you the straight scoop on that bike.
Ph:714-540-2920

You could also find out if parts are available.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Thanks, everyone. I just remembered my uncle raced Huskys until the early 90's, so I'll be asking him at Christmas.

Top Bottom