Who'da Thunk It?

B

biglou

BG Al and I ran the first round of the Moberly night series last night. Drove 175 miles each way, got home at 3AM or something. Parked next to a lesbian couple and their son (not sure how that all works). Great kid, he was having a blast, and so were we. I managed to endo into a GIANT washout at the bottom of the parking lot. Got a nasty strawberry on my right knee, bent my brake lever out, bruised my forearm. It was total Ass-Clown all the way! I was lucky though, only about ten people saw it. Then, after kicking the bike for 5 minutes to get it relit, I got one lap in for practice. But, they run two practice sessions, so I did get a nice feel for the track. It was tight and small, just like Wardy's only with bigger jumps. I'm thinking, "cool, I just came off two days of riding a track like this. Well, we draw the 13th moto. Good thing I'm not superstitious. First moto, only 8 of 9 entries line up. Rubber band start on this small, night track (their day track has a gate and is like a huge GP track. Similar to the grass track at Casey, only with more jumps. Looks like a blast, but it is too big to be lit at night. Anywho, take off down the short start shoot, thought I heard Al right behind me, but he apparently killed it on the start and couldn't get it started for a few kicks. 6 lap races on this very arenacross-like track, and I managed to hold Al off until about lap 4 or 5. Held steady for a couple laps, but he caught me eventually. Loved the whoops here. they were small and evenly spaced but pretty sharp during practice. They had worn down some during the first motos and you could just blitz them! All the bikes were making that "brpbrp-brp-brp-brp" noise going through. Some faster than others. So Al passes me on the last turn of the white flag lap, I think. A really slick, off-camber right hander that I couldn't believe he got me on. I screamed at him, "You bastage!" Moto two-I get a great launch, except the guy on the inside of me got sideways and came in front of me (he got the jump on me so much it surprised me...) I had to lift for just a split second, and that was all she wrote. Going into the first turn, Al takes me on the outside, and I never get too close to him again in moto 2. I might think about some roost guards, as after turn one I found that I had pea-sized bits of roost in the crooks of my fingers on my left hand! Had wiggle my fingers around to dislodge them!

So, the results? Al goes 2/2 and Lou goes 3/3 for 2nd and 3rd overall, respectively! Now, we are thinking-Do we run this whole series? Best four finishes out of six races, with lots of giveaways at the final race, including a drawing for a klx110! Must be present to win.

Hard to believe that I am a grown man (quiet!). But I got pretty damn excited. First time ever getting one of these:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
:thumb:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I think it's all a hoax and you dreamed the whole thing up. The bikes aren't even dirty. ;)
Glad you had a good time. Go for the series :aj:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Way to go Lou!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
So tell me Lou; does owning a trophy put you in the "B" class a DW? Or am I doomed to another painfull loss?

Any way congrats.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Danman
WTG! :thumb: Now are you going to build a shelf in the garage for it?
How much you wanna bet it doesn't end up in the garage?

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
Nothing like killing the bike at the start in moto one and not getting the thing relit right away. I thought I was going to blackout out I was kicking the crf450 so hard with panic as I watch the field ride away.

a good time though

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
WTG, y'all!

No doubt about it....B class at DW! (making note)

:)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
How much you wanna bet it doesn't end up in the garage?

If the big lug ever gets married it will! ;)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Sawblade

If the big lug ever gets married it will! ;)
ya, along with the bike :p

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Danman
WTG! :thumb: Now are you going to build a shelf in the garage for it?

My trophies, are few and far between, get to spend the first week of their life at our house parked on the mantle over the fire place.  Then, it's off to guess where, yep you guessed it, the shelf that I put up over my work bench, down in the garage.  At least I'm in charge of the decor in the garage.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
LOU!...AL!...LOU!. you guys are a couple of podium kings now! run the series, but you guys need matching racing jersies!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Congrats Lou. :thumb: That's awesome! :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congrats guys! That's a purdy shiny trophy (and bike...did you really ride it?) you got there!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Alright there Mr. LouBigOne. I've tipped a few and I'm getting brave. Even though I haven't swung a leg over a bike since February, and ain't likely to any time soon, and even though I ain't got no right to smack talk nobody, I'm predickting that the newuseed 400 Falta sittin in my garage (I mean my wife's garage) will be victorious over the Yamahamer WhatzitEverF that you have stunk up with your sweaty azz. And another thing there Mr. shinynewtropheyowner, I haven't never even started that Falta 4hunnert. But I got a eye on ewe MR. And it be a stink eye fer shure.

You were warned! git ready to take yer whooopin. . . :moon:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…